Single Living Accomodation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey.
I go to catterick on 26.02.17 and I'm wondering if I'd be able to apply/ask for a single room? (I don't mind sharing) it's just because I have a relationship and 2 kids.... and in my own time like to Videochat with them etc? Plus the comfort of my own room anyway? Is that possible or

Hey.
I go to catterick on 26.02.17 and I'm wondering if I'd be able to apply/ask for a single room? (I don't mind sharing) it's just because I have a relationship and 2 kids.... and in my own time like to Videochat with them etc? Plus the comfort of my own room anyway? Is that possible or
Be prepared that in the first few weeks, ie Phase one training you will have little spare time and when you do have it, you'll be sleeping.

Also, don't ask for a single room as it's not going to happen.

Hey.
No
Sharing is part of the process, and turning you from a group of individual recruits into soldiers building a degree of 'cohesion' sharing the experience 24 hours a day

There are 3 types of bedroom / dormitory up to the rank of corporal X Y & Z
You arrive in X which is a large dorm, for 8-12 people and generally arranged with the furniture forming groups of 4

Z is your goal, when in your unit you have a single room

If you have time, and need privacy to ring/video chat with your kids and missus, you'll find it.

Good luck with training!

Status
Not open for further replies.