SINGINGforSOLDIERS sponsorship needed

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by SINGINGforSOLDIERS, Mar 27, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone. My name is Stacey. I had an idea to write and record a charity single to release in order to raise money for Afghan Heroes and Macmillan Nurses. Myself, and my friend Chloe, both wives of soldiers currently serving in the British Army, are based in British Forces Germany. We have been featured on BFBS radio talking about our idea, and so far we have achieved quite a lot. We are holding auditions vocalists to be on the single, on a barracks in Paderborn, Germany. Also, we are going to be doing a calendar for 2011. We have the BFG Army photographer, Chris Atkins doing our photography for us, but we need sponsorship to cover the printing/publishing costs. We are also looking for a producer and studio time to take things to the next level.
    The reasons we have chosen these charities are that they are both close to many peoples hearts. I was completely blown away by the wooten basset motorbike rally in aid of Afghan Heroes and it inspired me to find out more about the charity and what they do. Having been on their website it spurred me on even more to do this. Our husbands are due to go to Afghanistan next year, and we both will, as many other wives will, have to say goodbye, and adapt to being a 'single' parent. We want to raise the profiles of the families that are left behind, remind people that our fallen heroes will NEVER be forgotten and help Afghan Heroes with the great work they are already doing.
    We have also chosen Macmillan Nurses because Chloe sadly and very suddenly lost her Brother-in-law to lung and lymph cancer. He also was a serving member of the British Armed Forces for over 10 years and the support Macmillan Nurses have given his family can not be put into words.
    If you, like us, would like to help, then please please get in touch. You can email us at:
    you can add me on facebook stacey 'fish cake' fisher OR chloe neeves-lauchlan. We also have a facebook group which you can join. 'singing for soldiers' (please see link)

If you can help, or know anyone that can then please contact us. We would very much appreciate any help that is offered.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and our fallen heroes may be gone, but never ever forgotten. R.I.P

Stacey. xx
    Singing for Soldiers