Singapore/malay medal.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bootneck bernard, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I am an ex royal marine who served out in Malay in the 1960s and I have just heard about this medal, can anybody please tell me how to apply for it.

Many thanks,
  2. The GSM with Malaysia clasp. Should have been awarded automatically for thos who qualified. There is a medals claim form on the UK veterans site (sorry, on stupid tablet so can't post a link) for application to MOD Medals office.

Edit, thanks boxy.
  3. British veterans awarded the Pingat Jasa Malaysia (PJM) medal have been given permission by Her Majesty The Queen to wear it for the first time during Remembrance events next Sunday.

The Government of Malaysia introduced the medal in 2005 and awarded it to British and Commonwealth veterans who served in the conflict in Malaya in the late 1950s and 1960s.

Approval is not normally given for foreign medals to be accepted if British recognition for a campaign has already been presented. Previously, veterans had been able to accept but not wear the medal. It has now been agreed they can both accept and wear the PJM.
  4. Did you do a Borneo tour?