Simpsons World . BBC24 15/08

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Aug 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this in the wee small hours this AM , where Simpson was out with a Coldstream patrol in Basra.

Interviewed soldiers , and in particular, a young Signaller. Just wanted to say for a young 'un , he was wiser than his years, and certainly did the Army a lot of good.

Well done you :) (Even Simpson was impressed)

2. Was it Bart or Homer?

3. Marge, didnt know she was a Scaley though..

4. Platoon Signaller , and John Simpson. Just to get back on thread.

5. I'm amazed Simpson managed to get through an interview without blowing smoke up his own arrse, that man like's the sound of his own voice a little too much

6. Yeah I saw that, I thought the coments about the Spams where amuseing, then he goes and picks on the sig, Even I thought he looked about 4..

The entire thing was quite intresting, although it got a bit repative. The err... coments err... from the err... officer were err... good :) (not that I could do any better). I tried finding a link to it online but the BBC dosen't do it online.

7. The Sig looked bloody young, but carefully avoided the "We're better than the Spams" trap. Good lad.

8. I agree. I caught this on Sunday. That young lad did the army a lot of good.

9. Fellas, Is there a link to this where it could be downloaded?

Cheers

10. nope I've already looked. As I was going to post it on sunday.

11. Saw the prog, the troops did well. Credit to the army.
    john

12. Caught the program on BBC World on Sunday afternoon. The lads involved all came across very well, in particular the sergeant. I was interested to see the young officer wearing his beret cf. the others; appreciated his explanation but nevertheless would question how wise it is to mark oneself out from the others on patrol?

Most amusing bit though involved the iraqi fella with all the kids ands the "sick daughter". Reminded me of "Fagin" in Oliver - especially when he tried to flog Simpson some ciggies from the carton his little lad was carrying :)

lancslad