Simply cant understand it...

Look, if three burly dudes in street clothes start banging on my door one night and try and force their way into my home, I don't care if they're yelling "Police!" or "Singing Telegram!", that's why I keep a loaded M4 carbine in the house. They're not dressed like cops, and I can think of no reason the police would need to get into my house, so my natural assumption would be that these were home invaders of some sort.

http://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspot.com/2006/11/and-look-where-its-gotten-us.html

... and don't intend to get into a discussion over it either. Thank goodness I live in the UK.

msr

I could swear there was a thread about excessive police militarization a few months ago. Stories of police depts using SWAT teams at the slightest excuse - for the most trivial of warrants. In one case, a man thought he was being burgled and shot a SWAT team member as the "assailants" stormed into his bedroom. They'd given him no warning and hadn't identified themselves properly. Yet he's now serving a lengthy sentence.

I don't see your issue. I keep a loaded pistol in my house. Only does me any good when I'm in my bedroom as I don't carry it around the house and that's where it lives, but that's really just because I haven't been arsed to go shopping for an IWB holster.

My rifle is kept in its box, but I do have some loaded 30-round magazines near it. Steel ones, built for the L85, actually. I find they're a little more solid than the lightweight USGI type.

NTM