Will We Invade Iran

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not in My lifetime

• Total voters
Of course it will happen. After all, you cant move around here for the spare troops, aircraft, helicopters and ships we have with which to mount the Op

We won't occupy the place, but I can see a fcuking mahoosive air campaign and a large SF commitent to destabilise the country until regime change, or at least a change of leader, is effected. USA and UK for definate will be involved, NOT Israel - they have enough problems without completely alienating (even more) the rest of the Middle East.

Depends when the Yanks tell us to, of course

Hopefully Bush doesn't read ARRSE or he might read this topic and get a bright new idea....

only when our troops come back from iraq.
thats when we will go to iran.

smart move from the bigwigs.
the cnuts

Poor_Bloody_Infantry said:
We won't occupy the place, but I can see a fcuking mahoosive air campaign and a large SF commitent to destabilise the country until regime change, or at least a change of leader, is effected. USA and UK for definate will be involved, NOT Israel - they have enough problems without completely alienating (even more) the rest of the Middle East.
So you expect that by 2030 there could be some sh1t hot best sellers out about us supplying Iranian criminals with the means to fcuk up their country. Only to have to move in and occupy the place 25 years later. Where have we heard this before?

WRAPJOBAGAIN said:
only when our troops come back from iraq.
thats when we will go to iran.

smart move from the bigwigs.
the cnuts
You see just been discussing it with a marra then. We reckon with our troops "Consolidating" In Iraq and fighting like hell to do the same in Afghan. Are we positioning our chess pieces for the big Pincer.

When i say big i obviously mean two-up section attack as thats all we'll have left.

The fact is, a large proportion of the Iranian populace are actually pro-western, and its simply a case of waiting until this dinner jacket bloke gets voted out.

does anyone else see that this exact same thing happened in 2003, and now we are regretting it, with even many topbrass lads admitting that Iraq is a lost cause. Iran is (roughly) 3 times bigger than Iraq, meaning that the Armies resources will be stretched to its limits. this could possibly turn into another N.I but much much worse

paddy-irishman said:
does anyone else see that this exact same thing happened in 2003, and now we are regretting it, with even many topbrass lads admitting that Iraq is a lost cause. Iran is (roughly) 3 times bigger than Iraq, meaning that the Armies resources will be stretched to its limits. this could possibly turn into another N.I but much much worse
and some very serious fire power.
so i have been told.

paddy-irishman said:
Another NI. We just couldn't sustain. Any Dealings with Iran considering their size and ability would have to be in, Fcuk them up with every bit of stuff that goes bang we have then do one home and build really really big fences.

We are struggling with a small part of Iraq and a hefty chunk of Afghan.

Unless we got our European "Allies" to get involved. Anyone expect to see the French get involved ala Granby

I think the best way to win a major war is to get the Yanks on your side (and it hurts me to say that), their armed forces are just so vast and they have many cutting edge tools for the job, but even if/when Iran is invaded that really will stur things up in the Middle East, considering we, the West, are considered the scum of the Earth by many (if not, all) the Islamic countries.

We could also ask for help from the European Allies as Bad_Cow says, but they should really be excluded based on the fact that they are useless, each country would probably send a detachment of 20 soldiers then claim that they are doing their part, but really what European countries would over any real support:

France - not the most reliable guys around, and they don't like Britain much, also they are too fond of giving up

Germany - aaammm no, didn't we have a little scuffle with them a while back

Spain - maybe later

Sod invading - lets just smack it with a big bucket of sunshine.

Bad_Crow said:
paddy-irishman said:
Another NI. We just couldn't sustain. Any Dealings with Iran considering their size and ability would have to be in, Fcuk them up with every bit of stuff that goes bang we have then do one home and build really really big fences.

We are struggling with a small part of Iraq and a hefty chunk of Afghan.

Unless we got our European "Allies" to get involved. Anyone expect to see the French get involved ala Granby
I don't think it will be european allies, but more likely saudi and others.

drain_sniffer said:
The fact is, a large proportion of the Iranian populace are actually pro-western
I remember reading somewhere that the Iranian govt allowed Farenheit 9/11 to be shown, to undermine the US govt. However it backfired, as the Iranians who watched it were amazed at the the freedom Michael Moore had to scrutinise his govt and felt cheated.