Simple Curry recipe needed using Green Curry Paste

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by Gundulph, Aug 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Okay, I have the Green Curry Paste, which is very tasty! 8O but I am looking for a very simple curry utilizing the already made up Green Curry Paste... anyone any simple ideas which don't require many other ingredients but will make an excellent Curry?

2. Big Dollop of green curry paste into pan
    Add couple of chicken breasts cut into chunks and fry in the paste until almost cooked
    Add 1 tin of coconut milk and simmer over moderate heat [don't boil it ] for another 5 or 10 mins until chicken is properly cooked.

Option, add a couple of small finely chopped onions when cooking the chicken and some green chillies to adjust the heat according to taste.

3. Cheers JRH, that sounds like a plan! I experimented the other day just with chicken, the green paste and spinach and it was amazing!

4. Dice the chicken and marinate it in the Green Paste for a couple of hours in the fridge.

Flash up the wok with a bit of toasted sesame oil, thrown in half a small onion finely diced and and one big Field Mushroom cut into strips and then each strip halved. Cook on a low heat for 2 mins. Thrown in the Chicken & cook at max temp until the chicken seals. Pour in a tin of Cocunut milk and a quarter of a teaspoon of dried chilli flakes (or a couple of Thai Birds Eye Chillis finely chopped).

Turn down the heat and let it all reduce. Pour an ice cold glass of wine. When you have finished the wine servce the curry with either Noodles / Rice or all over a big Garlic Nan Bread.

5. You just can't beat ARRSE for instant recommendations and solutions... Cheers guys, will definitely grab a bottle of wine when I head up to the supermarket later... :wink:

6. Gundulph can you get coconut milk?

7. Or how about fish?:

Take a thick firm white fish and cut into large chunks, dredge in cornflour and pat off excess. Deep fry in your wok for a few minutes, remove and drain.

Drain off most of the oil leaving 1-2 tspns in the wok and bring up to a high heat. Next stir fry your favourite vegetables, ie onions/courgettes/baby corn etc. When the vegetables are almost cooked add curry paste and fry for a couple of minutes then stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 - 10 mins. Return the fish for a couple of minutes to heat through and serve on a bed of basmati rice.

Q.

8. R_M, MATE!!! get your arse over to Ciglani, the Condimento Shop! Coconut Milk, Red, Green & yellow Paste, Large Bags of Real Basmati & Jasmine, Woks/Steamers/deep friers, spring roll ingredients, dips, curry mixes, palm sugar, chinese mushrooms the works!!! they even have fresh stuff in the back that they will show you, like Corriander/Chives/Rocket Leaves!!! Mega :lol:

Pass under the road above the Ciglani market going towards the Zetra Stadium (American Embassy behind you), take the left at the traffic lights before heading up the hill, then the first left (that would take you back down behind the London Bar, the Croatian Bank etc.) and park up anywhere immediately on the right hand side, Condimento is on the right there right on the bend of the hill that goes up to Robot Komerc...

Enjoy 8)

Here is their Website:

http://www.condimento.ba/index.html the English version is down at the moment but the guy and his wife who run it are excellent and very knowledgable, be prepared to be in there chatting with them for an hour! 8O Oh! and I hope you have lots of space in the vehicle as you'll end up buying half the shop!!!!!

9. Is the owner the chappie who owns mala kuhina?

10. Yes it is mate! nice chap... have you been there?

If you use the following you will be able to access the sites contents in English:

http://www.condimento.ba/eng/

11. Cheers Gundulph - I have eaten there so often I virtually own the place and it doesn't even sell booze - I take my own :twisted: