* 2 tsp ready-prepared ginger from a jar
* 2 or 3tsp ready chopped chillies , from a jar
* 200g can chopped tomatoes
* 200g raw peeled prawns or chopped skinless boneless chicken
* 2 tsp gujarati masala , or garam masala
* 3 tbsp low fat yogurt
* handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped or torn

Method

1. Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry until they colour. Crush the garlic into the pan, add ginger and chilli; cook briefly. Add tomatoes and a quarter of a can of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins, add prawns or chicken and gujarati masala, cover and cook for 2-3 mins for prawns and 5-6 mins for chicken.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then stir in the yogurt, a tablespoonful at time. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm garlic and coriander naans and a crisp salad of cucumber, shredded lettuce, sliced red onion and wedges of lemon.

Get this prepared early and be seated in time to see gerrard get a torrent of abuse from stoke fans.

This type of curry is nice with a few bottles of cobra

Attachments

I tried one just like this tonight. It is just simmering now. I did a taste test earlier and it is a winner. More easy recipes like this one please

reni_77 said:
Prepped this on Monday night, absofookinlutely gorgeous ! Just tweak to your tastes. Bang on for serving up the lads after a few !
Tried this for the rugger yesterday all ingreidients exept meat from local home bargains for under a quid.also discovered that said shop sell top notch bottled ale for 99p a pint!!!!!.Fcuk the credit crunch. :D :D

5 - 6 minutes seems an awful short time to cook raw chicken especially if recently defrosted.

We need a dedicated Curry Only Sticky thread in the cookery section...

I was involved in a Curry 'Cook Off' several years ago in the Irish Bar in Sarajevo, everyone put some money in a bucket to partake in the competition to decide the winning curry entry, 5 or 6 of us spent the day before making our culinary delights, I made enough Hot Beef Madras to feed the entire Pub for the next 3 weeks... a very ordinary looking greasy curry got the winning vote, the guy who made it said it was probably because all his ingredients had to be cut in such a way they couldn't fit through the hole when he put his finger and thumb together hence leaving a chunky Curry mixture... my preferred technique was dicing everything up into small sizes but changed strategy after that event...