Simple curry recipe mmm

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by parasquad, Jan 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heres a nice one for the weekend. Doesnt take much effort either

* 1 tbsp sunflower oil
    * 1 red onion , thinly sliced
    * 2 garlic clove
    * 2 tsp ready-prepared ginger from a jar
    * 2 or 3tsp ready chopped chillies , from a jar
    * 200g can chopped tomatoes
    * 200g raw peeled prawns or chopped skinless boneless chicken
    * 2 tsp gujarati masala , or garam masala
    * 3 tbsp low fat yogurt
    * handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped or torn

1. Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry until they colour. Crush the garlic into the pan, add ginger and chilli; cook briefly. Add tomatoes and a quarter of a can of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 mins, add prawns or chicken and gujarati masala, cover and cook for 2-3 mins for prawns and 5-6 mins for chicken.
    2. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then stir in the yogurt, a tablespoonful at time. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with warm garlic and coriander naans and a crisp salad of cucumber, shredded lettuce, sliced red onion and wedges of lemon.

Get this prepared early and be seated in time to see gerrard get a torrent of abuse from stoke fans.

This type of curry is nice with a few bottles of cobra

Attached Files:

2. I tried one just like this tonight. It is just simmering now. I did a taste test earlier and it is a winner. More easy recipes like this one please
  3. Prepped this on Monday night, absofookinlutely gorgeous ! Just tweak to your tastes. Bang on for serving up the lads after a few !
  4. Tried this for the rugger yesterday all ingreidients exept meat from local home bargains for under a quid.also discovered that said shop sell top notch bottled ale for 99p a pint!!!!!.Fcuk the credit crunch. :D :D
  5. 5 - 6 minutes seems an awful short time to cook raw chicken especially if recently defrosted.
  6. We need a dedicated Curry Only Sticky thread in the cookery section...

I was involved in a Curry 'Cook Off' several years ago in the Irish Bar in Sarajevo, everyone put some money in a bucket to partake in the competition to decide the winning curry entry, 5 or 6 of us spent the day before making our culinary delights, I made enough Hot Beef Madras to feed the entire Pub for the next 3 weeks... a very ordinary looking greasy curry got the winning vote, the guy who made it said it was probably because all his ingredients had to be cut in such a way they couldn't fit through the hole when he put his finger and thumb together hence leaving a chunky Curry mixture... my preferred technique was dicing everything up into small sizes but changed strategy after that event...