Simon Wiesenthal Dies

I'm very sorry to hear that.

RIP Mr. Wiesenthal , you go to your God knowing you helped some evil b*stards to burn in hell.

Good work fella, RIP.

What a sad day, I had the very true pleasure of hearing Mr Wiesenthal speak while a student in Israel; his strength was amazing from each quiet word he said. He truly was a giant in a small mans body.

Years later I decided to name my eldest son Simon in his honour and wrote to him to tell him; he took the time to send a hand-written note expressing his joy!

Sad Sad Day, and such a loss to humanity, many a Kaddish said today.

Beebs

Heard a bit on the radio this morning, from Greville Janner (ex war crimes investigator and big mate of SW). he said that SW died frustrated knowing that up to 90 000 heavily involved Nazi war criminals not only got away with it but were not even pursued. That figure included 10 000 in the British controlled areas of Germany, and even included men known to have murdered British POWs.

SW was involved in catching hundreds of these barbarian creeps, and good on him. All our governments since the war have failed on this important matter. People like Wiesenthal show us what low lifes politicians are, and what contempt they have for common people and any suggestion of justice.

RIP

I wonder what our little friend, Erwin, will have to say. An Argentinian with the surname Schatzer???

B

Biscuits_AB

Bloody pest if you were a former Nazi.

You have to take your hat off to him. Hell of a man.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Requiescat.

Whilst Martin Bormann won't be buying anything 'cos his remains were identified in Berlin in the 1970's, I bet some of the sh1ts involved in Oradour, Babi Yar and Vinnitsa who never got collared are raising a glass or two.

Sad day - if I knew the words for khaddish I'd offer them.

Le Chevre

Including some of those interesting personalities that still live here

Despite Wiesenthal's death marking a great loss to the war crimes movement/organisation, some consolation can be taken from the fact that "Operation Last Chance" (correct me if that's not the right name) was launched before his death. The efforts - and no doubt the publicity - of this campaign will hopefully be a powerful aid to bringing in as many criminals as possible.

Rest in peace Mr. Wiesenthal - we shall not see your like again, but hopefully your work will be continued.

This needs at least 10 gathered to say it and there are other rules but here is the translation from hebrew.

MOURNER'S KADDISH
An English Translation

Glorified and sanctified be God's great name throughout the world which He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire House of Israel, speedily and soon; and say, Amen.

May His great name be blessed forever and to all eternity.

Blessed and praised, glorified and exalted, extolled and honored, adored and lauded be the name of the Holy One, blessed be He, beyond all the blessings and hymns, praises and consolations that are ever spoken in the world; and say, Amen.

May there be abundant peace from heaven, and life, for us
and for all Israel; and say, Amen.

He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.