Simon Wiesenthal Dies

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DozyBint, Sep 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CNN email alert.

Also being reported by the BBC.

2. I'm very sorry to hear that.

RIP Mr. Wiesenthal , you go to your God knowing you helped some evil b*stards to burn in hell.

3. Good work fella, RIP.

4. What a sad day, I had the very true pleasure of hearing Mr Wiesenthal speak while a student in Israel; his strength was amazing from each quiet word he said. He truly was a giant in a small mans body.

Years later I decided to name my eldest son Simon in his honour and wrote to him to tell him; he took the time to send a hand-written note expressing his joy!

Sad Sad Day, and such a loss to humanity, many a Kaddish said today.

Beebs

5. Heard a bit on the radio this morning, from Greville Janner (ex war crimes investigator and big mate of SW). he said that SW died frustrated knowing that up to 90 000 heavily involved Nazi war criminals not only got away with it but were not even pursued. That figure included 10 000 in the British controlled areas of Germany, and even included men known to have murdered British POWs.

SW was involved in catching hundreds of these barbarian creeps, and good on him. All our governments since the war have failed on this important matter. People like Wiesenthal show us what low lifes politicians are, and what contempt they have for common people and any suggestion of justice.

RIP

6. I wonder what our little friend, Erwin, will have to say. An Argentinian with the surname Schatzer???

7. Brave man , rip

8. Bloody pest if you were a former Nazi.

You have to take your hat off to him. Hell of a man.

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Doubtless Martin Bormann will be getting the beers in tonight then.

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Requiescat.

Whilst Martin Bormann won't be buying anything 'cos his remains were identified in Berlin in the 1970's, I bet some of the sh1ts involved in Oradour, Babi Yar and Vinnitsa who never got collared are raising a glass or two.

Sad day - if I knew the words for khaddish I'd offer them.

Le Chevre

11. Including some of those interesting personalities that still live here

12. RIP

I'd bet some of the Galicia Division (amongst others) will sleep easier tonight, the bar- stewards

13. Despite Wiesenthal's death marking a great loss to the war crimes movement/organisation, some consolation can be taken from the fact that "Operation Last Chance" (correct me if that's not the right name) was launched before his death. The efforts - and no doubt the publicity - of this campaign will hopefully be a powerful aid to bringing in as many criminals as possible.

14. Rest in peace Mr. Wiesenthal - we shall not see your like again, but hopefully your work will be continued.