Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simmerit's build of the R.A. crossing over wooden bridges into Tunisia in 1943 - West Desert Build

It's Magic Sculp mate, Magic Sculpt is a type of clay, only pointing it out so as nobody buys the wrong stuff.
so it is. I said resin as it reminds me of milliput only it’s much nicer to use

Off the Wokka now for a couple of days to crack on with the Mat.

View attachment 542957
having spent two bloody hours on the phone tonight, wiping out my evening on the Mat, I’ve managed to get this far with the first figure. He now has arms and legs.

before I apply the first resin putty, I need to make sure his legs are not in an unattainable pose, then I’m off. Should be having a crack with the resin tomorrow.
Skipped leg day has he?

Well I’ve binned one set of legs on the bloke sitting down and started again and fitted a leg to a bloke standing up. And hour and a half fannying on for this!

2851D94B-445E-410D-9599-E0AD30B256A5.jpeg

Back on the Wokka tomorrow. Thank feck!

So this little fella

0B81A663-E9AF-4495-8D85-59845FB685E1.jpeg

Has got to end up like this

B637DF28-E0C3-46CD-8471-3008C885F519.jpeg

wish me luck....

Right. This is time consuming. It’s engrossing and if you get it right, I’d say it’s hugely rewarding.

Well over an hours work has got me two sleeves on a great coat. The other thing as ever is the right tools for the job.

These are what I’ve used on the sleeves!

E47A64A3-E0E7-4DD8-BB86-063084D0B315.jpeg

not sure who asked about the rubber brushes but they are a must for smoothing down the clay and getting into awkward places.

44E56916-3A4C-4CFB-B1D5-13060007B278.jpeg

Base figure

47B67F3D-5343-4D3F-9245-898A37F6B753.jpeg

First sleeve applied. I smoothed this down with the rubber brushes.

F630546C-33CE-4E1D-BAC5-0B89F4DC1539.jpeg

creases in the greatcoat done. I used the little Welsh lad in the Mat as the basis of the creases in the coat.

I darent do anymore now til this has gone off as the risk of screwing it up is too great.

that’s both sleeves done. I think that’s OK. Happy for Now but I’ll look at the sleeve on the left as you look at it tomorrow. One of the benefits of putty is you can carve it and add to it if you aren’t happy.

Wokka tomorrow - deffo

Looking well mate, wise move doing it in baby steps

any other way is tooooooooooooo risky.

Well impressed with these lads that just sit and bang a figure out. I guess I'll get quicker as I go, but I suspect that may be a while away..............

any other way is tooooooooooooo risky.

Well impressed with these lads that just sit and bang a figure out. I guess I'll get quicker as I go, but I suspect that may be a while away..............
Dad was poo when he first started, he had a problem with heads and bodies being out of proportion.

Dad was poo when he first started, he had a problem with heads and bodies being out of proportion.

That's why I'm pleased I'm using plastic bodies to create mannequins. Even then I binned a pair of legs which just weren't right.

Quite pleased with my first attempt and to @Helm for recommending that putty

Latest Threads