Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simmerit's build of the R.A. crossing over wooden bridges into Tunisia in 1943 - West Desert Build

It is really spectacular work though, dont get discouraged on it

well I’ll see how I get on.

8143E4FB-6A27-4BC8-BC47-5893A002C256.jpeg

It’s carnage out there..... just chopping up body parts and about to start cleaning belts, webbing and pockets off. I reckon that’s enough for me to have a crack with.

hopefully the copper wire turns up tomorrow

Well that’s me done for the night. Some progress, but this is going to take bloody ages.

Wokka tomorrow!!

F3A36B01-D0C2-4A1F-8B6D-B0ADB77D8DB3.jpeg

who said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks..............?

31D6C989-7CAE-42B6-8E88-4A6DE5C08DEA.jpeg

Just trying to find piccies of British troops in greatcoats and/or leather jerkins to look at how the cloth folds and there seems to be bugger all out there

65BE6FBB-1C47-4AF7-A5F8-B4C4495D3F93.jpeg

39AA870B-8C9D-47EB-B57A-AB3B7FCF0033.jpeg

31D1A83C-7B18-471D-89F2-C6EE5AE9FAC7.jpeg

1D96A285-832C-4050-B98B-F48F9120ADF0.jpeg

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Good old Tankies “scruffy oiks” love it.
Tempo of action, access to water for washing, let alone drinking (remember, the Afrika Korps ration was a litre a day), and so on.

A friend from school's dad was a WO in the RA during the Western Desert campaign.

I was once told a story of a point in the campaign that the tempo of operations had been such that he and his men didn't take their boots off for several weeks. When he finally did, the top halves of his socks stayed wrapped around his calves. The bits inside the boots stayed inside and just crumbled.

Different times...

Tempo of action, access to water for washing, let alone drinking (remember, the Afrika Korps ration was a litre a day), and so on.

A friend from school's dad was a WO in the RA during the Western Desert campaign.

I was once told a story of a point in the campaign that the tempo of operations had been such that he and his men didn't take their boots off for several weeks. When he finally did, the top halves of his socks stayed wrapped around his calves. The bits inside the boots stayed inside and just crumbled.

Different times...
Mums Dad was out there as well, 1Bln Royal Irish Fusiliers. He said virtually the same thing verbatim.

Boxy

GCM
Am I the only one who thinks the thread title needs a ‘build’ tag on it? I keep missing it...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Am I the only one who thinks the thread title needs a ‘build’ tag on it? I keep missing it...
Alternatively you could watch it.

It does say 'Simmerits build of'. Do you not pick that up?

Wokka tonight boys......

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
That RMP lance jack's up for it with a cocked Thompson eh?

Goodies have arrived.

D341EE82-DABD-4AD3-AD73-ADFF8B38C19F.jpeg

next step is to get some legs on a couple of the torsos and see what they look like. Then it’s onto attaching arms.......

If I get good at it, I can see a new career in the NHS...........