Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Simmerit's build of the R.A. crossing over wooden bridges into Tunisia in 1943 - West Desert Build

Dread

LE
Is the diorama entitled "Zombies of the Desert Rats"?

While my modelling skills start and stop with Morph (in his original packaging!), the skin tones have a bit of the undead look about them.

Paint a smile on his collar and call it done.
04561CF4-F7D3-4FCF-A71A-DF445A67BEF8.jpeg

Is the diorama entitled "Zombies of the Desert Rats"?

While my modelling skills start and stop with Morph (in his original packaging!), the skin tones have a bit of the undead look about them.
They are done in oils. I think the issue is you have a digital photograph that’s zoomed in. They look fine with you are a foot away from them looking with the naked eye.

IMHO of course

should be better when the jerkin goes on
I think I can speak on behalf of everyone here that you should not put up any pictures of you jerkin.

I think I can speak on behalf of everyone here that you should not put up any pictures of you jerkin.

hmmmmmmmm. Not so sure about that. There are some very weird people on here!

I’m just going to finish this lad then it’s a straight week on the Wokka. Not got to it this weekend....

6FBB264C-3EA2-429C-82EF-E3281F5F6F02.jpeg

0731D8B6-7F7A-498B-899A-FCB0CDB51F97.jpeg

E9D236B9-ABD6-4FEA-A73C-EAD7F3B23FBF.jpeg

should get the front done tomorrow then that’s three of the nine done..

Brilliant garments, I was wearing my old man's issue jerkin in the 80's. It was great for odd jobs outdoors, on the bike or bimbling along the shore when the wind was blowing a hoolie. Forty years of regular use and it was still going strong. Sadly stolen along with a bunch of other stuff.
Stolen at least twice then.

So

FEAAD5D6-BAFE-4C73-A68D-E9CD4A4AB1C3.jpeg

70C8DBC1-8F08-42C5-9A9A-773C64970195.jpeg

my money is on

May Cath
Alys Beth

Wales Forever

my mates daughter is from Ruthin and called Alys

yep I agree. but what?
Something 4

Edit: fiddling with light and sharpness on the image I would wager a lot of somebody else's beer tokens on it being Something 4. There was a 24th Armored Brigade Group to which the 5th Regt RA was attached during the Desert Campaign (1942), based on some low grade google fu.

Last edited: