Builds Simmerits 1/35 Chally 2 build as I'm a bit bored and no-one's done one yet!

Both of those models are a credit to your skill, patience, attention to detail and, have to say, your clear passion for the subject matter. Your models are an inspiration for the rest of us to try and achieve our best, something we all strive to do, get better, there's no ceiling to this past-time. Well done Mate.

D

Deleted 15653

It doesn't matter so I may as well tell you. I design and manufacture bicycle seats for famous people and celebrities.
Two questions:

1. Do you get to sniff them when they come in for service?
2. Is Kylie Minogue among your client list?

If the answers are YES the above, we may be able to come to 'an arrangement'.

D

Deleted 136127

Both of those models are a credit to your skill, patience, attention to detail and, have to say, your clear passion for the subject matter. Your models are an inspiration for the rest of us to try and achieve our best, something we all strive to do, get better, there's no ceiling to this past-time. Well done Mate.

Thank you - always grateful for a comment from you as your work is good mate. As you know, and for anyone reading these threads, it's as much about the subject as it is the model. We are all striving to recreate something thats as near as damn it real, if not as much in the modellers mind as in the model itself.

Thank you - always grateful for a comment from you as your work is good mate. As you know, and for anyone reading these threads, it's as much about the subject as it is the model. We are all striving to recreate something thats as near as damn it real, if not as much in the modellers mind as in the model itself.
I frequently have to look at the photos more than twice sometimes, so I think you've (all) cracked that aspect of things!

fourteen2two

Old-Salt
They are awesome credit to your skill.
You have tempted me to get back to modelling thyself as I have a kit in the cupboard to do!
Not done PE or airbrushing before so might have to try this new stuff.
All standard kit and brush paint last time I did one, although I did a couple of car kits with correct colour aerosol cans from Halfords!
Being an ex crab techie I did aircraft and odd car, but I really like tanks. Used to have a small army of Airfix tanks and vehicles as a lad, hours spent painting the 1/72 figures too.

Wonderful, I made a Airfix Dina Japanese twin engined bomber with tiny miss Sprocket when she was 4, she painted it and loved it, she builds Hi end speakers now, so something practical can be imparted at such and early age, just needed to keep the sharper implements out of her reach.
I agree, I used to make Airfix and Lego models with my eldest mini Maximus. That progressed to Warhammer, which he became much better at than me (like his little brother too). He's now a Tech AV. From little acorns etc.

D

Deleted 136127

E6AE357B-5D4C-4A40-B2F3-80347230687B.jpeg

One for you RTR types. Overalls. Will I get away with these in black?

The next issue is if it’s overalls on the tank park, the Berlin Chally will have to be clean……. I’m assuming they were jet sprayed straight away after being out to play so the lads will have been in their kit as opposed to the sexy black lounge suits?

GW1 Chally! yes, when the eye's of the world were on British Tanks in the desert for the first time since Suize. And the Country was right behind us all.
One from my own personal photo album.
Challenger in the desert1990.jpg