Builds Simmerits 1/35 Chally 2 build as I'm a bit bored and no-one's done one yet!

When new users with no contacts start to stalk you and your mrs on Linkedin, it's time to go.

This is supposed to be a bit of a laugh. Its now not.

Let's leave it at that.
Really sorry to hear this Si, can’t you out the prat or something? Anyway you need to come back as Captain Caveman or something else.
You can’t leave us on tenterhooks over the Wokka …..

When new users with no contacts start to stalk you and your mrs on Linkedin, it's time to go.

This is supposed to be a bit of a laugh. Its now not.

Let's leave it at that.
That’s a shame. Cnuts are always gonna be cnuts, but you have to do what you have to.
All the best.

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt
I really enjoyed watching your builds progress, and am considering (re) joining the hobby as a result! As above, do what you have to do, but you will be missed here.

Well thats a f*cking shame. I haven’t made a model kit for 40 years, and I follow these threads avidly. I am almost motivated to start again but I know me and perhaps that is one rabbit hole I shouldn't start down.

How you and your fellow modellers turn bits of plastic into what can only described as works of art is fascinating. The depths of your research would do credit to the most zealous of academics. The concentration and dexterity needed is exceptional.

Hope you continue with the modelling, and can enjoy it again without having to deal with all the crap that anonymous internet w*nkers bring with it.

Si I don't know you and we'll probably never meet, but PLEASE just keep going on these modelling threads.My favourite pages in ARRSE. Had no idea you were being hassled.

Boxy

GCM
Si I don't know you and we'll probably never meet, but PLEASE just keep going on these modelling threads.My favourite pages in ARRSE. Had no idea you were being hassled.

My sentiments exactly, a lot of ARRSE is exactly that, these pages are an oasis of civility and a source of pleasure.

I’m constantly in awe of the skill which you and others possess and demonstrate, I look forward to every new post you and others make.

It does however have to be enjoyable for you the artist.

Do what you have to do but if you do go have no doubt you will be missed

@Simmerit my sentiments echo those of others. Please keep your threads alive with regards to your model construction. What you and @SPROCKET321 do is borderline black magic to Neanderthals like myself and your work impresses me much so.

It would be such a shame that the narrow mindedness of others on this site would force you away.

Reading through the above comments made by Arrse members who don't actually model, but get a lot out of the modelling thread really surprises me, didn't know the strength of feeling on here for it, and all the posts are honest and from the heart. Several have said how thw modelling thread on here has seemed like a different part of Arrse, where the crayons are melted before they reach the pages. I for one, will continue to model on here for that reason, and there's always the chance to bring someone into, or back into, the hobby after a long break, it is very therapeutic for me and I'm sure it would be for others. If Si comes back as captain caveman, we'll leave the light on.

Reading through the above comments made by Arrse members who don't actually model, but get a lot out of the modelling thread really surprises me, didn't know the strength of feeling on here for it, and all the posts are honest and from the heart. Several have said how thw modelling thread on here has seemed like a different part of Arrse, where the crayons are melted before they reach the pages. I for one, will continue to model on here for that reason, and there's always the chance to bring someone into, or back into, the hobby after a long break, it is very therapeutic for me and I'm sure it would be for others. If Si comes back as captain caveman, we'll leave the light on.
I too had no idea that anyone but fellow modellers would have any interest in our hobby/pastime/obsession. Wellcome to you all, come and try it (its a bit like BDSM you never know whether you will enjoy it until you try it), as SPROCKET notes it is therapeutic and leads you into all sorts of areas of interest in terms of mil history for me.
One note of warning it can become a secret habit, and like all habits can be expensive.

For the cognoscenti we will know that if Captain Caveman appears he is the real Si and not some interloper by the quality of his modelling, and the ever present unfinished Wokka.

Re 'educational,' I have learnt SO much from the modelling pages, especially about 'tanks' and all wheeled or tracked things with guns. This has lead me to read the excellent links provided by other posters about tracks or some other minutae, leading to a YouTube video etc, then before you know it, an hour has gone!

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I've dropped @Simmerit a PM, but I'll add my voice here to the public chorus encouraging him to change his mind. His builds are epic, in terms of detail and craftsmanship, the accompanying text is informative and useful and he, generally, comes across as a thoroughly genuine and talented (if somewhat unhinged) bloke.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

This section of ARRSE is both inspiration and daunting at the same time.

I would love to return to physically making them but other factors prevent me at present (mainly time)

What I do enjoy is seeing the techniques used and trying to impart relevant knowledge from my own field of expertise.

At the moment my builds are all lego with Tiny Miss F!

This section of ARRSE is both inspiration and daunting at the same time.

I would love to return to physically making them but other factors prevent me at present (mainly time)

What I do enjoy is seeing the techniques used and trying to impart relevant knowledge from my own field of expertise.

At the moment my builds are all lego with Tiny Miss F!

Wonderful, I made a Airfix Dina Japanese twin engined bomber with tiny miss Sprocket when she was 4, she painted it and loved it, she builds Hi end speakers now, so something practical can be imparted at such and early age, just needed to keep the sharper implements out of her reach.

D

Deleted 136127

262DA36F-8312-4F31-A064-65880B35D539.jpeg
682E9054-1FCF-4EA3-AAE7-84E70C5D5DF0.jpeg
CCB237FF-68DB-4C76-8148-92E092321C18.jpeg
8461FCA6-CF04-426D-8DFF-73599BA8BADA.jpeg
2593CE26-36E4-4725-A223-847C1D42E0C8.jpeg
CC408BBF-DCA2-4438-9273-A355F06688E2.jpeg

Decals done. Ready for weathering then the viewing ports to do and it’s complete. Note the eyes for you RTR lot.

@Simmerit, mate they’re both absolutely spot on. Perfect.