Builds Simmerits 1/35 Chally 2 build as I'm a bit bored and no-one's done one yet!

I'm just thinking about my options and one very serious one is I could do commission builds for people.

if anyone wants a Wokka building, they know where to come. I'm your man!!
Architectural modelling? I know that 3D graphics have come a long way but physical scale models and dioramas are something real and tangible that can get discussion going, issues spotted and changes proposed.

D

Deleted 136127

Architectural modelling? I know that 3D graphics have come a long way but physical scale models and dioramas are something real and tangible that can get discussion going, issues spotted and changes proposed.

not at the speed at which I build things!!

One for @SPROCKET321 ?

D

Deleted 136127

Back to the Chally.

D52CA238-52B0-4307-9789-4F96736D631F.jpeg

thank for these have turned out OK. I mixed the paint with Mr Tool Cleaner instead of Mr color levelling thinner. The cleaner would normally strip the skin down to the bone. Fortunately I didn’t put much in the paint thank god or Id have been well pissed off. Downside is I’ve just had to bin the paint I’d mixed for the running gear on the Berlin Chally.

B0ll0cks (as they say).

the colour is 60% XF-85 and 40% XF-81 with a squirt of XF-52 for good measure!

D

Deleted 136127

Shamelessly stolen from the Ryefield kit - I’m pinching it for a template for the Berlin Chally

69E691B0-6396-4AE9-9122-6C6E2DD1C4D7.jpeg

I don't get that "digital" camo the Spams came up with, given the premise of camo is to break up the shape and outline of man and man-made following the notion that there are no straight lines in nature.
Someone at RAC HHQ is probably playing with a Dulux colour chart!

I don't get that "digital" camo the Spams came up with, given the premise of camo is to break up the shape and outline of man and man-made following the notion that there are no straight lines in nature.
I think it’s pretty effective, based on the pictures, at breaking up the outline.
The higher contrast of the pattern straight lines takes the eye away from the straight edges of the vehicle itself, or something like that. As you get further away you’d lose the ability to distinguish that the pattern includes straight lines.

D

Deleted 136127

Binned the first one. Not right.

30F22E56-B3E2-44FB-931D-B9EBFE0DED6E.jpeg

Happier with this one

A20805D8-F69C-4219-B5B9-25E7425698FD.jpeg

CAAB7E87-39D5-4A37-8DD3-A0E17DA4016A.jpeg

and the real one

CDCCE1BC-7CEB-4CB3-A592-18E421CC1819.jpeg

77F66C20-547F-47E1-ABEF-5DC751AF5BA0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Image Intensification produces a pixellated image. Now have a pixel-wearing Bill Oddie wandering around at night and all of a sudden the image looks like half a kangaroo.

D

Deleted 136127

Seen a few with cut down drums for storage. A little play at lunchtime in between job seeking……. Not sure if this works or not

1864B696-4000-4201-9A97-497244BE0176.jpeg

We did a couple of architectural models some years ago. Hard work but it made a change from the usual stuff. We could have charged more for the work but but we still got what we thought was a reasonable price for them.

ca1.jpg

ca4.jpg

hopc_1.jpg

We also made this one for the 2011 remake of the film "Straw Dogs"...

stprod28.jpg

stprod30.jpg

Model on set
stset_1.jpg

fhd011STD_Alexander_Skarsgar.jpg

Daz

LE
I'm just thinking about my options and one very serious one is I could do commission builds for people.

if anyone wants a Wokka building very, very slowly, they know where to come. I'm your man!!
:)

Nothing new...

1631887739634.png

Latest Threads