Builds Simmerits 1/35 Chally 2 build as I'm a bit bored and no-one's done one yet!

@Simmerit going to be at Raydon Friday +Saturday, so I’ll take a load of photos of 03EB39. Anything pertinent you want photographing?
My Haynes manual turned up today. Let me have a look tomorrow and I’ll let you know. Ta for that by the way!

Made a little start on the Berlin scheme Chally 2 while I wait for materials to turn up.

86F7B4B6-E0A3-4132-873B-BD01639B7E9E.jpeg

some obvious short cuts having done one already - filler applied, cables for lights and horn gone and the guards off.

This is a much more recent kit compared to the first one. The quality of the plastic is akin to Tamiya and the anti slip is preapplied - unlike the earlier one.

196247F1-F5CF-4AE6-834B-DABE98B1E6B9.jpeg

exhaust covers stripped off and I’ve taken the mounting brackets off for the gun storage bracket (I’m sure one of the tankies will step in here and give it the correct name).

the turret is corrected allegedly so I’ll build it and compare it with the resin one on the other Chally. I need a set of tracks and a couple of other bits.

that’s all for tonight folks

Made a little start on the Berlin scheme Chally 2 while I wait for materials to turn up.

View attachment 567008
some obvious short cuts having done one already - filler applied, cables for lights and horn gone and the guards off.

This is a much more recent kit compared to the first one. The quality of the plastic is akin to Tamiya and the anti slip is preapplied - unlike the earlier one.

View attachment 567009

exhaust covers stripped off and I’ve taken the mounting brackets off for the gun storage bracket (I’m sure one of the tankies will step in here and give it the correct name).

the turret is corrected allegedly so I’ll build it and compare it with the resin one on the other Chally. I need a set of tracks and a couple of other bits.

You doing the Streetfighter2? If you are, about a foot back from the end of the barrel, is a remotely controlled camera. Used for looking around the corner of buildings.

View attachment 567008

View attachment 567009

Tis known in the gunnery world as the “gun crutch”.

Chally 2, dozer blade and Berlin scheme.

done

Are you doing the Streetfighter you pictured earlier? As there's rather a few extra's you need to bolt on before you start painting.
Or are you just after a Berlin scheme on a Cr2?

IIRC the Berlin scheme on the Cr2 is slightly different in colours to the original as well, but I'd have to check that.

Sorry for the quick answer above:

To expand: If you are doing Streetfighter I have a lot of reference pics and stuff for it, as a company I help out with asked me to have a look at it.

Sorry for the quick answer above:

To expand: If you are doing Streetfighter I have a lot of reference pics and stuff for it, as a company I help out with asked me to have a look at it.

Thats would be great - ta. Not sure if I will do Streetfighter just yet as there is a lot of scratch work, so it may end up as a Berlin CR2

Thats would be great - ta. Not sure if I will do Streetfighter just yet as there is a lot of scratch work, so it may end up as a Berlin CR2

Best image I can give then is this one:
esraRXH.jpg

Things to note.
Camera under the gun barrel
2-inch mortar (sorry, 51mm mortar) welded in a questionable place on the front of the turret.
Loud hailer on the other side of the turret.
Step ladder on the side of the skirts
the CCTV system fitted around the front hull
and the very very questionable Brimstone mount over the turret.

At the rear we have:
j4QGnF1.png

The two fuel cans cut in half and used for storage. Also note the new CCTV monitor bag.

The CCTV camera's are likely the trickiest part. But I've seen your Chinook...

XrgLIMo.jpg

BDdHAsS.jpg

There are four camera's on the hull. You have the two looking backwards along the hull, and two just above and in front of them look forwards.

Under the gun:
bqiBeMa.png

2X96y0C.png

There's also an infinite amount of options for the machine guns on the roof for both loader and commander. Then there's what ever the hell this is in front of the loaders hatch (usually you'll see a .50 there):
zEkaz20.jpg

Lg5c91U.png

If you're being dull and want a Berlin Cr2, I can also help there as well:
Tl57mJU.jpg

Best image I can give then is this one:
esraRXH.jpg

Things to note.
Camera under the gun barrel
2-inch mortar (sorry, 51mm mortar) welded in a questionable place on the front of the turret.
Loud hailer on the other side of the turret.
Step ladder on the side of the skirts
the CCTV system fitted around the front hull
and the very very questionable Brimstone mount over the turret.

At the rear we have:
j4QGnF1.png

The two fuel cans cut in half and used for storage. Also note the new CCTV monitor bag.

The CCTV camera's are likely the trickiest part. But I've seen your Chinook...

XrgLIMo.jpg

BDdHAsS.jpg

There are four camera's on the hull. You have the two looking backwards along the hull, and two just above and in front of them look forwards.

Under the gun:
bqiBeMa.png

2X96y0C.png

There's also an infinite amount of options for the machine guns on the roof for both loader and commander. Then there's what ever the hell this is in front of the loaders hatch (usually you'll see a .50 there):
zEkaz20.jpg

Lg5c91U.png

If you're being dull and want a Berlin Cr2, I can also help there as well:
Tl57mJU.jpg

thanks for that - most appreciated. I may ask for some standard CR2 shots in Berlin colours. Sticking a mortar tube on the front of a tank is a bit daft if you ask me!

anyway.

0752F810-7F64-44B2-978F-50F0A0B07D79.jpeg

F6E197E1-5DD0-45F7-B175-45E90D8BCA01.jpeg

one more section to do and I can assemble the dozer. It’s going to need quite a bit of filling as it’s not the best, but it should turn out OK.

well on with the lower hull, but I won’t bore anyone with piccies as I’ve already done one so I’ll put up some piccies when there are some decisions to make on it

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
thanks for that - most appreciated. I may ask for some standard CR2 shots in Berlin colours. Sticking a mortar tube on the front of a tank is a bit daft if you ask me!
Call it a 2" smoke mortar or bomb thrower - most if not all British tanks used to have them. @Listy will know.

As for the CR2 you could always do the BAES Black Night....

1619080127433.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
@Simmerit going to be at Raydon Friday +Saturday, so I’ll take a load of photos of 03EB39. Anything pertinent you want photographing?

Turret - bins and hatches

Drivers hatch - all around it

Back end of the MBT

Any other bins

Anything thats sticking out or attached to it!

yes a nice little neat and tidy one.

Streetfighter has a three foot tube stuck on the front and the the turret is being used as the base plate. I assume the bi-pod is a couple fo the crew holding on to the tube and pointing it in the general direction they want to drop a bomb on? No-one shooting at them while all this is going on - clearly

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
3 RTR Rheinsehlen 1982:

3 RTR.jpg

3 RTR1.jpg

BATUS 1982:

BATUS.jpg

BATUS2.jpg

BATUS3.jpg

BATUS4.jpg