Builds Simmerits 1/35 Chally 2 build as I'm a bit bored and no-one's done one yet!

So you can get a dozer blade for this model. May be a bit different I suppose

8E1718D5-E0EB-4CAF-8706-E5826A186600.jpeg

and there’s a nice shot of a mudguard.

094DEFE6-A28D-46FB-A090-151A31547BFC.jpeg

all the other piccies I’ve found are carrying the additional armour. That Berlin scheme Chally is the only one I’ve seen with the unarmoured skirts

stuskimac

Clanker
My last time on the ranges with a GPMG was in Belgium on the ranges at Camp Lagland, near Arlon. Must have been 20 years ago now.

The RSM was range control and safety officer. Loaded me up with 800 rounds and a gun. Told me that I was to use 20 round killing bursts (none of the namby-pamby infantry 3-5 round bursts) and gave me a target indication. Targets started at 600 metres and went out to 800.

Great fun... :)
Point of order! Infantry Machine Gun Pltns fire 20 round bursts in the SF GPMG role!, unfortunately it involves carrying lots of ammo though, tripod, C2 sight, spare barrels.... :(

Debate to have about little fellas. Sculpt my own or use kit figures. If I use kit ones these are an option

B3883069-CFED-455F-975A-0FC7077902BC.jpeg

1991 Granby. Not sure how long these lids were on issue before being replaced, so if anyone has a view that would be good.

Think I’m looking at a 2001-4 ish Chally.

the plan is to complete the brass tonight then finish the lads on the Mat.

should be on the Wokka again soon!

ches

LE
yeah but there were some good piccies so it was worth it!

Dunno about you but I'd absolutely love to blat a gun again. Gimpy is an amazing bit of kit. I sometimes wonder what the 249s are like to fire when I see piccies of them.

Didn't get a go on a Gimpy but when I was in Iraq in 05 the 249 was part of the initial tranche of kit that the coy i was working with had purchased. We test fired it in a massive contractor compound within the US base just over the Kuwait/Iraq border (buggered if i can remember the name of it). 249 is mental on full chat & could see why the heavier barrel had to be brought in on the later versions. Think we had one of the initial types as keeping the light 5.56 on target beyond 500m was a bugger.
We binned it for captured & refurbed PKM's due to the 7.62 rnd. No brainer.

Didn't get a go on a Gimpy but when I was in Iraq in 05 the 249 was part of the initial tranche of kit that the coy i was working with had purchased. We test fired it in a massive contractor compound within the US base just over the Kuwait/Iraq border (buggered if i can remember the name of it). 249 is mental on full chat & could see why the heavier barrel had to be brought in on the later versions. Think we had one of the initial types as keeping the light 5.56 on target beyond 500m was a bugger.
We binned it for captured & refurbed PKM's due to the 7.62 rnd. No brainer.

Sounds like a useful section weapon is you want to lay down suppressing fire at relatively close quarters then

ches

LE
Sounds like a useful section weapon is you want to lay down suppressing fire at relatively close quarters then

Aye but how much do you need if you're doing some FISH shit tbh. Was a hefty bit of kit too with a 200 rnd box (i think) mag on it.

Aye but how much do you need if you're doing some FISH shit tbh. Was a hefty bit of kit too with a 200 rnd box (i think) mag on it.

Isnt that why you have young thin enthusiastic types who burst through the doors and windows whilst said family are watching East Enders or whatever the middle eastern equivalent is, whilst older more mature or physically stronger types stand outside with heavy things like UGLs, 249s and guns, whilst having a fag and a brew?

Managed to finish the first side at lunchtime. As I said, much neater than glue and more permanent - and quicker.

B2BF9F10-659A-437F-A6EC-41C9A4915D00.jpeg

Final furlong. Just got the mud flaps to do on one side and that’s the skirts done.

A6A1F3D9-5A96-4D32-847F-64CCAFA22592.jpeg

these are quite a nice little touch. They are about 2mm wide and were easy to solder! I’ll need latches for the storage bins by the exhaust outlets as the plastic ones are shite.

Boxy

GCM
Didn't get a go on a Gimpy but when I was in Iraq in 05 the 249 was part of the initial tranche of kit that the coy i was working with had purchased. We test fired it in a massive contractor compound within the US base just over the Kuwait/Iraq border (buggered if i can remember the name of it)....

Was that the TIF that was slap bang across a road? Cos now you’ve got me thinking, I’ll probably remember about 3 in the morning

Meanwhile. Skirts are all done. Got the brass handles to do on the hatches, gun to straighten and a bit of wear to do on the tyres, latches to do and we are done. That was pretty quick.

098076DC-2708-4FC4-9B00-750623E3290D.jpeg

Have to say these are quite possibly the best figures I think I’ve seen. They are right up there.

D36ADF23-3D50-4E8B-8AA6-36355E10DAE0.jpeg

23AFC8A0-A0B7-4D8B-8BA7-F155152BF8CA.jpeg

That’s the latches on. Centre one will have one of those padlocks on it.

949C3FE7-00AC-47B2-AEFD-F7B29AF358AA.jpeg

D1A314C8-C877-4E87-9379-41E9C42DAB9B.jpeg

ches

LE
Was that the TIF that was slap bang across a road? Cos now you’ve got me thinking, I’ll probably remember about 3 in the morning

Safwan, looking at Google it wasn't that big 15 years ago! Across the barriers & straight into the secure area. Civvy ranges were a fair few 000ms to the left where some berms had been wedged up from the desert by the US CofE. On this route cpl of K north then you picked up highway 1 for the shit drive up to Baggers

ACAB

LE
Point of order! Infantry Machine Gun Pltns fire 20 round bursts in the SF GPMG role!, unfortunately it involves carrying lots of ammo though, tripod, C2 sight, spare barrels.... :(
Not quite correct. 3-5 round burst at troops in the open, 15 - 20 at vehicles. Hope that clears that up.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
all the other piccies I’ve found are carrying the additional armour. That Berlin scheme Chally is the only one I’ve seen with the unarmoured skirts

I should have some of Granby where we hadn't yet changed the side skirts over. we buried the old ones in the sand. I was hoping to be able to use a couple of pieces on my 432, but that would have killed the damn thing.

I'll take a look through the stuff in the loft and see if I can find them

Latest Threads