Builds Simmerit’s British MkV Centurion build in 1/35

Question.....
Model makers are obsessive about details so are there any experts on here who know what markings and where they would be on a British Halftrack used by the REME in 1944 ?
We can't trace any history of the M5a1 as much was seemingly lost in a fire and as we the British didn't treat Halftracks as armour but seem to have classed them more as trucks few records were kept anyway .

We have found this picture and plan on recreating or using this IHC as a base to recreate..... can't see the Z number and ashamed to admit I know little about British markings on vehicles....
Sadly more than a few IHC M5a1s and M9a1s are marked up as American in preservation.... we don't want to do that and want to give a nod to the history we do know and that is it ended it's days with the REME .
We have access to Sherman road wheels and on the lookout for a wartime vice ....
It's like modelling and doing a diorama....just on a bigger scale
Halftrack cool pic.jpg

Sadly more than a few IHC M5a1s and M9a1s are marked up as American in preservation.... we don't want to do that and want to give a nod to the history we do know and that is it ended it's days with the REME .
Thank you so much, that’s one of my biggest whinge’s about the UKs vehicle preservation. Doesn’t matter if it’s vehicle or Aircraft if it was built in the US it’ll have US markings, no matter if we used fazends of them it’ll have Yank markings.
There are the odd exceptions, I’ve a good friend who’s Ford Jeep that’s done as his Father’s from 1944/5.

Latest Threads