Builds Simmerit’s British MkV Centurion build in 1/35

it as it’s taken me months to get hold of these

View attachment 662190

Excellent, glad you are investing in the AM tow cables set, essential kit for at least one Cent in Korea, attaching tow cables while coming under intense Chinese small arms and light mortar fire as they recovered one broken down in action, more than one of the M26's just got left behind, all for the sake of a $5 fan belt.

a bit of rapid progress.
View attachment 662193
I do like that shot, that "three oh" looks the biz, Remember when our Platoon took over .30 Brownings when we got turreted Ferrets in exchange for our Liaison variants. the ammo belts looked like something from WW1 and the sound was so heavy and slow compared to a GPMG. Not so much BRRR more Duff Duff Duff.

Last edited:

Simmerit

War Hero
Excellent, glad you are investing in the AM tow cables set, essential kit for at least one Cent in Korea, attaching tow cables while coming under intense Chinese small arms and light mortar fire as they recovered one broken down in action, more than one of the M26's just got left behind, all for the sake of a $5 fan belt.

I'm doing bugger all at the minute as I appear to be down with Covid. Looks like I've got the same flavour as Dads had/has

PFGEN

GCM
I'm doing bugger all at the minute as I appear to be down with Covid. Looks like I've got the same flavour as Dads had/has
Might not be covid. I came down with the symptoms you describe. Was tested twice for covid but negative both times. Started as a head cold, then a throat infection followed by a chest infection. After 4 weeks still barking like a seal with a dry cough which won't go away.

Simmerit

War Hero
Might not be covid. I came down with the symptoms you describe. Was tested twice for covid but negative both times. Started as a head cold, then a throat infection followed by a chest infection. After 4 weeks still barking like a seal with a dry cough which won't go away.

That’s what @Dads203 has. He reckons it’s stealth Covid

PFGEN

GCM
Same number as me. There’s no escape
Bugger. We're doomed I tell ya. Strangely enough I dodged it between Christmas and the New Year. Had a meeting with some friends, plenty space and we all tested before hand. They all came down with covid and were looking to blame me. I had two home tests and two official ones. All negative yet as the old knacker with a bunch of buggered organs, I'd have expected to have been the first to go down with it.

View attachment 662412

View attachment 662413

Not the most elegant of solutions but it did the job.

I have an old mate who did his National Service in the 11th Hussars. He ended up driving the command wagon, which in his day was a White M3A1 Scout Car with an 'armoured' roof extension. With the radios and other paraphenalis, that should have given the springs agood work-out.
That's exactly how mine was....the tin roof did help save the interior and chassis from the worst of the rust...
The preceding years with the REME did however take a toll...the armour was cracked , the chassis had to be welded where it had either been cut or cracked behind the cab... it had certainly had a long life having entered service most likely end 43 or early 44 and seemingly then for the next 25-30 years....
It had a mid life rebuild as it had all been painted red oxide primer under many layers of bronze green...

LARD

GCM
It's about time we organised another trip to the Weald Foundation. That was a bloody interesting day out and it'd be good to see progress.
Agreed there. Are you not going to the members open day on 18th June?

Latest Threads