Sim Free Mobile?

Need a new mobile as current HTC been dropped once to often.
Have seen a Sim Free on Amazon for £99 which I can put my Tesco sim in to.
Any thoughts on this one:Or any others I could go for around £100?
Now be nice as I have no ideas when it comes to mobiles!!!

I run a Oneplus One, which is a bloody good phone. Just looked at their site, and they do the Oneplus X at £180, the Oneplus 2 at £249 and the Oneplus 3 at £329. All are way over the £100 limit, but if they're anything like the One, they're all bloody good phones for the money. I believe @hellsbrink also runs a One, and has fettled his, so may be able to tell you more.

I run a Oneplus One, which is a bloody good phone. Just looked at their site, and they do the Oneplus X at £180, the Oneplus 2 at £249 and the Oneplus 3 at £329. All are way over the £100 limit, but if they're anything like the One, they're all bloody good phones for the money. I believe @hellsbrink also runs a One, and has fettled his, so may be able to tell you more.
For the money, I think the One is fantastic value, and it is now running a modded version of Cyanogenmod 14 Android 7 Nougat. When I decide to replace it, I think it will be difficult to beat the Three, but who knows what the likes of Wileyfox will bring out by then.

And that brings us back to sub-£100 phones and I don't think you'll go far wrong with the Wileyfox Spark. It won't set any performance records, but what do you expect for £90? The only way you can really get better is by buying something straight from China from Itchucrutchi Electronics via AliExpress.....

Or spend £130 and get the Swift, that one's excellent value too.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
whye are phones so expensive as a few year back THEY were giving them away ? it was all about contracts

whye are phones so expensive as a few year back THEY were giving them away ? it was all about contracts
They've been recognised as more than phones. They're now a whole office in your pocket and the bean counters have seen an opportunity to stiff us with high prices. :cool:

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
It still is. A contract will get you a state of the art phone without any initial outlay as you're effectively paying for the handset over over the 12/24 months.

helsbrink said:
For the money, I think the One is fantastic value, and it is now running a modded version of Cyanogenmod 14 Android 7 Nougat.
Tried it; hated it. Not for the phone itself (although it is too big) but for the Android limitations. It is cheap and capable though, OP.

Bought a Motorola Moto G damn good phone. Bit of a clod when comes to mobile granddaughter told me it was a good one with a Tesco contract £7.50p a month.

It still is. A contract will get you a state of the art phone without any initial outlay as you're effectively paying for the handset over over the 12/24 months.

Tried it; hated it. Not for the phone itself (although it is too big) but for the Android limitations. It is cheap and capable though, OP.
Depends on what your needs are, don't it. It works for my needs but I don't need a mobile office or design studio. Each to their own.

Did you tricks?

D

Deleted 20555

More than £100 but the Lumia 950 has been dropped by MS and is currently selling on Amazon for 50% off - have one and find it excellent if you are never going to need or require 10,000 aps. You can turn it into a laptop with a mouse, screen and keyboard too.

Bought a Samsung J3 2016 Sim Free.
Tesco Mobile are/were doing this for just £12.50 a month with 500 minutes, 5000 texts and about 500meg of data. I saw it at the weekend but decided to hang on to my Core-prime instead. As when it's paid for next month my bill goes down to just £9.00 a month.

ugly

LE
Alcatel are only £60 ish at Sainsbury's at the moment, I bought the jcb dual sim as a back up as well