Sim Free Mobile Under £179

Looking for a sim free mobile under £179.
Being used for texts/calls/news/sports & checking emails.
Old School I have a digital camera & an mp3 player!

Sim only contract will be looked at later.

endure

GCM
All the phone you'll ever need. I've got one and it's brilliant. ~£150

They also do a 32GB version for ~£100

Available in blue too.

endure

GCM
It also comes with stock Android. Mine's had an update from 8 to 9 so far and will get an update to 10 when it comes out.

Have you tried crowd funding to raise some valuable funds for such an essential item. I understand this is the way forward now for people of poverty.

Padders

Old-Salt
I've got a Motorola G5 Play and while the camera might be lacking compared to its rivals, it was £150 brand new on Amazon and the battery will give you nearly two days of moderate use, a vast improvement on my old iPhone which spent so much time plugged into the wall it was basically a landline!

Perfectly suited to all the usual bits and bobs (maps, Spotify, WhatsApp etc) but without an extortionate contract plus I can put in a large SD card to bump up the storage if I want. At 5" its also a fairly normal size and fits easily into pockets.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Nokia 7.1 with Android One (not Android 1.0, Android without the bloat). Zero Alpha, Alien Minor 2 and I have had them several months and they're just fine.

All the phone you'll ever need. I've got one and it's brilliant. ~£150

They also do a 32GB version for ~£100

Available in blue too.
Wish I had thought of that when I very urgently needed to replace my phone dying on me. But came across this iPhone 6s brand new for 170 and thought why not as I already use an iPad and Mac book. It does the job for me but the battery life is crap...barely lasts a day with moderate usage.

endure

GCM
Wish I had thought of that when I very urgently needed to replace my phone dying on me. But came across this iPhone 6s brand new for 170 and thought why not as I already use an iPad and Mac book. It does the job for me but the battery life is crap...barely lasts a day with moderate usage.

Xiaomi phones are really well built and they're a pretty good price for what you get. You have to make the move to Android though.

Xiaomi phones are really well built and they're a pretty good price for what you get. You have to make the move to Android though.
I always had an Android phone as a personal one and an iPhone as a work one, so was comfortable with both. But few months ago I actually made the switch from Android to Apple for my personal one, as my Android was dying and I wasn't working at the time.

Did you buy it off eBay?

Did you buy it off eBay?
Nah Facebook. The ad was posted on Facebook marketplace. Did have to go to the place to pick it up. And yes, it was sealed, brand new (checked it -as Apple gives you the hours the device was used for and it was unscratched, like never used before) and they gave me a 6 month warranty.

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
Nokia 7.1 with Android One (not Android 1.0, Android without the bloat). Zero Alpha, Alien Minor 2 and I have had them several months and they're just fine.
I got one in I think Feb or March. Been dropped a few times and all its done is scratch the paint on the casing. Solid, reliable, good battery and does everything I need it to faster than my missus' Samsung at a lot more money

Brute of a thing @ 6.8 inches. Mate has one. It's a bit like carrying a wide-screen telly around, but the phone performs well. He watches TV & movies on it when he working away from home.

Looking for a sim free mobile under £179.
I use giffgaff & moto g handsets

you'll have to pay £10 for sim when you buy it, but even then its still £10 cheaper overall than carphone warehouse or whatever...

Looked a Samsung A10 which will do the job and sim free @ £139?

Latest Threads