Sim cards

#1
If im wanting to text oh in the Falklands do i have to get a world wide sim?? if so any ideas on were i can get one/which ones best??

thanks x x x
 
#2
JoBrand said:
If im wanting to text oh in the Falklands do i have to get a world wide sim?? if so any ideas on were i can get one/which ones best??

thanks x x x
Depends what network he is on. There is very limited coverage and I know for a fact that Vodafone doesn't work (fortunately :p ). It shouldn't make any difference what sim card you use, but I'm a technobiff and what I know about modern lectricketry stuff can be written on a matchbox.
 
#4
:D :D

He is on o2 but bought a falkland sim card out there?? Not sure why, as o2 does cover the Falklands.

What about getting a pay as you go aim and then transfer it to a world wide sim would that work???
 
#5
JoBrand said:
:D :D

He is on o2 but bought a falkland sim card out there?? Not sure why, as o2 does cover the Falklands.

What about getting a pay as you go aim and then transfer it to a world wide sim would that work???
It would probably be cheaper and easier to PM me what you want to say to him and I'll get it put over the tannoy.

you could probably write it on the back of a sim in fact - with one of your colouring-in jumbo markers.
Mr Deputy - yerra dick. :wink:
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#7
It's cheaper for him to have a local sim that use a UK one, he would have to pay to receive as well as send, unless on a special tariff. Cost to you increases though, so look for a deal on that. If your on O2 as well it has worldwide bolt on.

Makes no difference what network he is on as long as you have the number.
 
#8
oldbaldy said:
It's cheaper for him to have a local sim that use a UK one, he would have to pay to receive as well as send, unless on a special tariff. Cost to you increases though, so look for a deal on that. If your on O2 as well it has worldwide bolt on.

Makes no difference what network he is on as long as you have the number.
Only partly true....he would indeed have to pay to receive a call, but receiving a text is free.
 
#9
JoBrand said:
The_Snail said:
JoBrand said:
:D :D



It would probably be cheaper and easier to PM me what you want to say to him and I'll get it put over the tannoy.

I cant its too naughty
:twisted: :twisted:

mebbe not then....she can't say 'willy' without sniggering and 'gusset' sends her all peculiar!
 
#10
I have just got an o2 sim and am in the process of changing it to YOUR COUNTRY, im thinking though now is it still going to be expensive for him to recieve my calls??? Says nothing on their website about the recieving phones??
 
#13
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LordVonHarley Finance, Property, Law 9
discodan The NAAFI Bar 40
discodan The NAAFI Bar 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top