Silvet Cloth, where do I get one from?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by robo_robert, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know theses things are great for polishing my boots, just where the hell do I get one from?

Cheers

2. Go to a jewellery shop as it is used to polish silver and such stuff! NOT CHEAP

3. Hay

I would not use the cloth that people use to clean silver, We got parades going on and I had to bull boots.

thankfully there is a military surplus store where we are and they sell silvette cloath.

dont use the jewellery stuff it leaves a dull bull!

4. Naafi used to stock them. Probably still do.

5. Whats wrong with a yellow duster?

6. Err you what???????????? :? :?

7. Linkey link This will explain the bone comment yam!

8. I went to a jewellers and bought one then found exactly the same cloth in Tesco for half the price and the jewellers don't give clubcard points!

9. Tesco's is the place!

I find them a little harsh as a cloth, they can scratch your boots, would suggest putting them through the washing machine a couple of times first..

But really they are no better than a yellow cloth

10. Download this and there is a hyperlink in the document to a good cheap site.
    The Butlers guide to shiny shoes<<<click
    In the past yellow dusters were a good enough quality (thicker nap) to be a decent bulling diddly but as with supermarket bags, they got thinner & cheaper. A well broken in silvette (selvyt) can achieve a deeper shine by reducing the micro scratches in the surface of your boot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Holy shit! You can polish my shoes anytime Butler!

12. I have provided this service for quite a few Arrsers over the years.