Silvet Cloth, where do I get one from?

Go to a jewellery shop as it is used to polish silver and such stuff! NOT CHEAP

Hay

I would not use the cloth that people use to clean silver, We got parades going on and I had to bull boots.

thankfully there is a military surplus store where we are and they sell silvette cloath.

dont use the jewellery stuff it leaves a dull bull!

ultirian said:
Hay

I would not use the cloth that people use to clean silver, We got parades going on and I had to bull boots.

thankfully there is a military surplus store where we are and they sell silvette cloath.

Err you what???????????? :? :?

yamkwak said:
ultirian said:
Hay

Linkey link This will explain the bone comment yam!

I went to a jewellers and bought one then found exactly the same cloth in Tesco for half the price and the jewellers don't give clubcard points!

Tesco's is the place!

I find them a little harsh as a cloth, they can scratch your boots, would suggest putting them through the washing machine a couple of times first..

But really they are no better than a yellow cloth

robo_robert said:
I know theses things are great for polishing my boots, just where the hell do I get one from?

Cheers
Download this and there is a hyperlink in the document to a good cheap site.
The Butlers guide to shiny shoes<<<click
Cpl_ripper said:
Whats wrong with a yellow duster?
In the past yellow dusters were a good enough quality (thicker nap) to be a decent bulling diddly but as with supermarket bags, they got thinner & cheaper. A well broken in silvette (selvyt) can achieve a deeper shine by reducing the micro scratches in the surface of your boot.

the_butler said:
robo_robert said:
I know theses things are great for polishing my boots, just where the hell do I get one from?

Cheers
Cpl_ripper said:
In the past yellow dusters were a good enough quality (thicker nap) to be a decent bulling diddly but as with supermarket bags, they got thinner & cheaper. A well broken in silvette (selvyt) can achieve a deeper shine by reducing the micro scratches in the surface of your boot.

Holy shit! You can polish my shoes anytime Butler!

FatBoyGeorge said:
I've used both yellow duster and Silvet in the past. For me you can't beat cotton wool balls dunked on cold water then squeezed dry. Brilliant shine and no scratches, as long as you don't drop them.
I agree but I use it as a finishing method as pasted below from my guide.
Water bobbing.

Equipment is cotton wool balls and cold running water.
Take your boots/shoes into the bathroom and use a sink.
Run the cold water and put a cotton wool ball under it.
Rub the wool ball on your boots/shoes in a circle and a shinier finish will start to appear. Keep rinsing and changing cotton as it will pick up polish flakes that will scratch your boots/shoes.
When you are happy with the finish make sure you remove all water from your boots/shoes as it dries and leaves white marks if you don’t.
You can if you wish bob over this finish with your diddley and try an even deeper shine.

yamkwak said:
ultirian said:
Hay

Got it!!!!explains everything............. :roll:

the_butler said:
robo_robert said:

Cheers
Cpl_ripper said:

TOP BOOTS there butler, you can do my ammos anytime..... :wink:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Classified Ads 1
Jip Travolta ARRSE: Site Issues 36
E Weapons, Equipment & Rations 12