Silverthieves ( with thanks to Messrs Melchett & Rapierman )

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by velcrostripes, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following on from Gen Melchetts and Rapiermans comments in the Norgie Pullover thread
    ( http://www.arrse.co.uk/qms-clothing-equipment/73298-norgie-pullovers-2.html )

I too had to have a little peek in Silvermans site for a quick laugh , and its prompted me to start this thread .

The object of the exercise is to identify the most ludicrously expensive bit of surplus tut you can .

Rapierman started the bidding with a 58 pattern gonk bag at £85 .

I would like to trump that with : 3003 Green british army poncho £45 : GREEN BRITISH ARMY PONCHO

Next please .....

2. Raise you an issued DPM Gortex jacket for a piffling £195.00!!! (not even MTP for the price):

GORETEX SMOCK 4-POCKET

3. £125 for the aircrew knife! I have several somewhere, right - that's me off to eBay...

Still, caveat emptor and all that.

4. oh lordy silvermans are well known for it

5. The pattern that I discern is that if it is an issue ( and therefore chargeable ) item they'll rip your b*llocks off , though that does not account for a 58 pattern gonk bag zip being £17.99 !!!
    In this era of e-Bay and the internet in general , I fail to see how they stay in business at these prices .

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

7. Lets open an 'Arrse' shop, gather everyone's buckshees and flog them at 75% Silvermans prices!

TAA

8. i have a 58 gonk bag, whats on offer to trade ?

9. Err, yes? Gilt, anyway.

They are pretty pricy from the tailors too. £275 from Thieves and Sharks! (Mind you, I've just looked - a Field Officers No1 hat is sodding 300 quid. Lucky I was promoted back when I could afford it!)

10. Jesus Christ stilts, a new Irvin is 'only' 500 quid from Aviation Leathercraft!