Silverthieves ( with thanks to Messrs Melchett & Rapierman )

Following on from Gen Melchetts and Rapiermans comments in the Norgie Pullover thread
( http://www.arrse.co.uk/qms-clothing-equipment/73298-norgie-pullovers-2.html )

I too had to have a little peek in Silvermans site for a quick laugh , and its prompted me to start this thread .

The object of the exercise is to identify the most ludicrously expensive bit of surplus tut you can .

Rapierman started the bidding with a 58 pattern gonk bag at £85 .

I would like to trump that with : 3003 Green british army poncho £45 : GREEN BRITISH ARMY PONCHO

Next please .....

Raise you an issued DPM Gortex jacket for a piffling £195.00!!! (not even MTP for the price):

GORETEX SMOCK 4-POCKET

oh lordy silvermans are well known for it

Raise you an issued DPM Gortex jacket for a piffling £195.00!!! (not even MTP for the price):

GORETEX SMOCK 4-POCKET
The pattern that I discern is that if it is an issue ( and therefore chargeable ) item they'll rip your b*llocks off , though that does not account for a 58 pattern gonk bag zip being £17.99 !!!
In this era of e-Bay and the internet in general , I fail to see how they stay in business at these prices .

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
i have a 58 gonk bag, whats on offer to trade ?

Any sailors in ?

Must be real gold then.....
Err, yes? Gilt, anyway.

They are pretty pricy from the tailors too. £275 from Thieves and Sharks! (Mind you, I've just looked - a Field Officers No1 hat is sodding 300 quid. Lucky I was promoted back when I could afford it!)

Err, yes? Gilt, anyway.

They are pretty pricy from the tailors too. £275 from Thieves and Sharks! (Mind you, I've just looked - a Field Officers No1 hat is sodding 300 quid. Lucky I was promoted back when I could afford it!)
They know they are being bought out of a clothing allowance , hence the ridiculous price , I imagine.

Having just done a quick inventory of my " stores " I reckon I could afford a bloody good holiday if Silvermans prices were actually achievable .
Some of their WWII gear must have been on the shelves since 1946 at the prices they charge.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Magic_Mushroom Sappers 1
PartTimePongo Infantry 1
PartTimePongo ARRSE: Site Issues 0