silver shadows

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by rick_rolled, Feb 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why are they STILL being issued!? theyre sh!t!?
  2. Are you on about that super fine pair of road runners?
  3. yeah, the ones that break your feet after 10 metres.
  4. Their CHEAP.
  5. Better than white Daps tho'. The miles in those paper thin, ill fiting, non supportive, canvas horrors!
  6. i understand the cost efficiency, but theyre substituing f.ucked up feet for cost.
  7. Swooosh - My Reg road tested them before they became issue kit. We all got two pairs each. One for runing, one for gym work. They were the dogs nads I tell you! All air cushioned and padded; I mean they were good.

Then, two years later when working at the ATR the word came down that they were about to be issued... I spent the entire evening telling the guys in the Mess all about how good these things were.

Next morning off I trot to claim my prize and what did I get?

Fecked over that's what.

"All down to those gits who trialled them son"

Said the fat useless storeman.

"Don't blame us"

Said the fat useless QM.

Said the faceless Contractor

Said the troops on the ground!

8. Rather peculiarly, they manage to rip the skin from my toes between the end of the toe and the actual foot... It's really painful, but luckily they were only enforced in Phase 1! My last 'risk reduction run' broke my personal best, but I could barely walk afterwards! Not a good sign...
  9. If the sole was a bit wider, they'd not be all that bad. It's just it's like trying to balance on an ice skate, very easy to tip over an ankle.
  10. theyre sh!t, thats what they are.
  11. surely if they were any good the PTIs would wear them....they wouldnt want fcuked up feet would they?
  12. exactly
  13. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

Having sat on the committee at DC IPT there was no evidence; plenty of anecdotal evidence but certainly no hard medical evidence.

And in the subsequent blind trails in an ATR regiment (and others) they came 2nd so hence they stay. The trails were lead I believe by the RN.

It may have changed in the last 12 month but that was certainly the case much to the surprise of the tri service muscle busters.
  14. Ron Hill ran a 2:10 marathon in white canvas daps young man and continued to do so throughout the '60's and mid-70's until was is now referred to as a 'training shoe' was 'invented'.
  15. Percy_Pigeon

Percy_Pigeon War Hero Book Reviewer

and there cheap...