Silver Shadows discovered in loft!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Harry_Boomers, Oct 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rooting around in my loft last night I came across a pair of issued but never ever used Silver Shadow trainers. ( I was too stylish in my younger days to ever wear them!) However, I must be getting old because I tried them on and …………fcuk me! They wernt half comfy! I even went out for a run in them….. fantastic! Am I raving mad ? Or did anyone else wear them?

Attached Files:

2. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

You maniac!

New and still in the box, as you have described, they are fetching on e-bay £650!

You will be lucky to get £10 now :(
  3. Get them on ebay and donate the proceeds to the GPA. A pair of Silver Shadows would make a fine acution next to pomps racing spoon, especially if you could get "As issued to SAS/SBS/PARA/MARINE" in the auction title.

4. I wouldn't say you were mad. Way back in 1984 (ish it could have been 85) I actually went into a shop and bought a pair... I was sick as a parrot when they started issuing them :oops:
  5. Silver Shadows ???? Don,t they issue the old black " road slappers " anymore? Your fecking spoilt now !!!!!!

Regards LT.
  6. I've still got a pair of them too..... and they are still bulled! 8O
  7. Oh, trainers. I thought you'd found a brace of Roll Royces in the attic. Some attic, I thought....................