SILVER - SHADOW Running shoe (SS)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GTPTI-runner, Dec 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why have we still got the SS in service when clearly it doesn't meet the needs of the modern soldier? Same old Same old!!

2. Well, we had the black plimsolls for the best part of a century. Things don't change overnight, you know. ;)

3. i've had the same green ones for 14 years i put them in for exchange 2 months back after pulling the sole half off and had them sent back to me saying that they were alright!

FAB

4. I know, we need to keep up with the modern world, the PT03 is a quality replacement but no money in the coffers!!

5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Uh-huh......I gave my PT03's away to the son of a colleague who wanted some running shoes with the Army logo written on them .....I remember seeing both the Soldier magazine write up: " Cor , look at THESE " and the RunnersWorld one: " Er...yes...ho hum..."

....you wouldn't have any axe to grind here - APTC School perchance?

or formerly and now with UK Gear ?

6. SS is ok for walking in.

7. When i worked at the ITC as an instructor, the recurtis in the platoon had a choice of buying a pair of PT03 after week 6. The majority, if not all bought a pair. Questions were being asked why the trainers were NOT being issued?

In my experience the PT03 are a very good training shoe and i will be continuing to wear them in the battalion.

8. PTI Major I spoke with recently said, quite simply, that there are so many Silver Shadows that they can't justify just binning them - so they'll issue them until they're gone and then they might actually start issuing the PT03.

But the PTI Major said that he doesn't like the PT03 and uses a branded pair of trainers anyway!