Silver Dog Tags / Stainless Dog Tags. Made in Windsor, UK

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by clive369, Jun 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We sell handmade sterling silver dog tags as well as good-value hand-finished high polish stainless steel tags. These are great for blokes but also for those left behind at home ... to remind them how important they are to you.

Silver dog tags here from £25 - £115:

Men's silver dog tags – Customised or plain – Handmade in UK – Hallmarked.

and stainless here from £9 - £16:

Men's Stainless Steel Dog Tags - Embossed or plain - Hand Polished and Finished

Plus, lots of leather bracelets and chains too.

5% off for ARRSE members. Just type in ARRSE5 into the box before you put in your credit card details. 24hrs turnaround for UK deliveries.

Best wishes,
    Clive Henderson
  2. Why would I want to buy yank dog tags?
  3. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I agree with Cabana.

Perhaps the OP might find a market if he offered British style ID discs in silver.
  4. The last tags I bought for the boys were from Kerrang as part of their Rock for Life campaign in support of the Samaritans. They only cost £2 plus P&P with no minimum order. Bit of a good cause to support rather than line your pockets with hard-earned dosh.

These might still be available from the Samaritans website Kerrang! or by calling 01227 811656, the tags cost £2 each plus P&P with no minimum order. Samaritans provide 24-hour confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair. If you feel you need someone to talk to, email or call 08457 90 90 90.

This pic shows Koopa (the band) showing their support for the campaign.

5. You're right, they're yank design. I can see that might not be the most promising start for a fashion product. Functionally, though, they're better because you can get more info on them - 75 characters. Also, they're embossed (like bank cards) so they're easier to read. No metal is removed.

Aesthetically, and I'm sorry to say this because I'm as much a patriot as anyone else, they look cooler than the British Army ones. The British design works well but they don't cut it in the style department which is why Kerrang! chose the same design.

Thirdly, you can get them at a 5% discount which isn't bad considering they're hand made by me (silver ones) and the steel ones are all hand polished by me. Pls check them out before you judge and read some of the reviews. Your satisfaction is guaranteed, I promise. They make good presents for partners of soldiers and other armed forces members because there's space for romantic thoughts and from what I understand, that pays dividends!
  6. Any chance of me owning the first silver plated bif chit.
  7. I might be swayed if they have the Union flag on them. Not being a fashion victim, how cool they look means little. Like the leather cord thing though.
  8. I'd buy them if there was a photo of you doing nekked bollocky lunges with Speedos on your head on them.

That's all I have to say about that really.

Yours aye,

Dale T, your stalker xxxxx
  9. Thanks for the feedback all - the thoughtful / carefully pondered and less profound. You wouldn't want to see me do stark naked bollocky lunges with Speedos on - pls trust me on that. Thanks for point about Union Flag: interesting idea the only prob is the embossing process tends to muck up any surface decoration but it could be a tag without embossing methinks.

Pls note, if there are any bif chits they'll either be immaculately hallmarked 925 sterling silver or good old honest tough-as-old-boots stainless steel - none of your manky silver plated nonsense on my website thanks very much :) We're about UK-made quality and value - no garbage. Silver plating is one my pet hates and nothing but a waste of good silver IMHO.

If you've got any questions on any of the gear I've got on the site then pls feel free to send me a message at Remember 5% off with the code ARRSE5.

Best wishes,
  10. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Not on a Brit they don't. They look ignorant.

I quite like Kerrang but I wouldn't take lessons from them in how to dress.

They don't make good presents for a member of HM Forces to give because they are from another army. It would eb as odd as me dishing out a regimental plaque from a regiment I've never been in.

You're arguing with your potential customers and trying to tell us what we should want. Instead of that why not listen to us and offer a British Style silver ID discs. The design is not exactly difficult and should not require much investment - you really could make them to order.
  11. Since when has arguing on this site been something worthy of criticism! ;-)

OK. I'll get on the silver ones. It's a good idea (and a fair point). I'll let you know asap.

12. Gold ones would be a winner too.
  13. Can I have a set with Woof Woof Bow wow on them?