Silly superstitious things you cant stop doing.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by EX_STAB, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sure most people have silly little superstitions that they keep doing even though they think it's really a nonsense. Saluting magpies and that sort of thing.

When I was a very young boy, my mother told me I must always bash out the bottom of the shell when I'd finished my boiled egg "so that a witch couldn't sail away in it to drown sailors". Hmm.....

Oddly, I still find myself doing this now.

Has anyone else heard of this one?

Any other silly superstitions?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, I consider it unlucky to not check that Mrs Biped is engrossed in a favourite program before I throw one off upstairs.

3. I heard it was because a devil would use it as a boat to sail to Earth from the underworld.

I don't keep ivy indoors, as my Irish Nana said it curses the house.

I still throw salt over my shoulder, even though I know it's bollox.

4. W@nking.

5. I still scratch my arse profusely when i first rise in the mornings, accompanied by a bollock stretching ritual i have done since adolescence.

The uncrumpling of ones ball sack by stretching it 6" after a good nights kip is excellent.......

6. I always put my left boot on first. Apparently, Roman Legionaries considered it good luck.

7. Found this:

So it wasn't just my mother God bless her!

8. I always say "Rabbits" three times on the first of the Month for luck.

9. Whenever I rape and murder a child I always use my lucky lighter to light the corpse and destroy all the evidence....

So far so good :)

10. Underpants on before trousers. I know it sounds silly, but I just can't help myself.

11. Breathing. It's foolish but I find it strangely...comforting.

12. When the missus and I come in together, I always unlock the door and let her in first. I've told her it's polite and I was told so by my dear old mum

In truth, I let her in first so that any killer/robber/rapist/cupboard monster gets her first :thumleft:

13. I dry my hands on the dog after having a piss

14. LMAO :twisted:

15. Leaving a pebble on a cairn, to appease the Hill Gods.