Silly, stupid or just downright weird cartoon thread.

Until we get the "right" message, OK?
That it's OK to have a white Jesus but not a black Anne Boleyn.

Because historical accuracy, or something.

TamH70

MIA
That it's OK to have a white Jesus but not a black Anne Boleyn.

Because historical accuracy, or something.

Yeshua Ben Yosef should be played by a Jewish guy from Bethlehem in Judah, or Nazareth in Galilee. Having him continually be played by six-footer white WASP dudes with blue eyes has always struck me as odd.

But having Anne Boleyn, the most pivotal queen in British history, being played by a black woman for Wokist points, absolutely annoys me.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yeshua Ben Yosef should be played by a Jewish guy from Bethlehem in Judah, or Nazareth in Galilee. Having him continually be played by six-footer white WASP dudes with blue eyes has always struck me as odd.

But having Anne Boleyn, the most pivotal queen in British history, being played by a black woman for Wokist points, absolutely annoys me.
The opposing argument about Yeshua is that, as the Son of God, he was omnipotent and could be any nationality.

As A Boleyn did not have that character then a black woman playing the part is total wokism, except I am just surprised they did not have a black man play the part for full on wokieness.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Vandalism?

one of my less weird jobs at an engineering factory. I also painted a hell of a lot of Massey Ferguson 135 headlamp cowlings in silver

1623330828123.png

they are left and right side, cheaply made in a yellow plastic and I've seen at least one bloody tractor with these things on in every country I've ever been to. the ******* things are haunting me even now 33 years later

Dwarf

LE
1623344767859.png

At least the film still has a happy ending - she still gets her head chopped off by Henry's say-so. Take that, you BLM knobs and tossers. :threaten:

TamH70

MIA
At least the film still has a happy ending - she still gets her head chopped off by Henry's say-so. Take that, you BLM knobs and tossers. :threaten:

Don't get me started. I can't watch "A Man For All Seasons" with Robert Shaw, a gloriously slimy John Hurt and whatever tosser who played Thomas More without audibly mumbling in a bad impression of Shaw's voice and pointing at said tosser, saying "Get to Choppy-Choppy".

It's one of the few films about the Tudor period that has an absolutely unalloyed happy ending.

Don't get me started. I can't watch "A Man For All Seasons" with Robert Shaw, a gloriously slimy John Hurt and whatever tosser who played Thomas More without audibly mumbling in a bad impression of Shaw's voice and pointing at said tosser, saying "Get to Choppy-Choppy".

It's one of the few films about the Tudor period that has an absolutely unalloyed happy ending.
That would be Paul Scofield who played Sir Thomas Moore. Good choice of a filmed version of that clash of wills; that is my favourite too.

2021-06-10 (13).png

Two years before he made that movie, Paul Scofield played a German colonel trying to take souvenirs back to Germany a la Goering after a posting in Paris, "The Train". Also starred a very athletic Burt Lancaster. Great Sunday afternoon fare when one wants to watch a war movie.

2021-06-10 (14).png

That would be Paul Scofield who played Sir Thomas Moore. Good choice of a filmed version of that clash of wills; that is my favourite too.

View attachment 580357

Two years before he made that movie, Paul Scofield played a German colonel trying to take souvenirs back to Germany a la Goering after a posting in Paris, "The Train". Also starred a very athletic Burt Lancaster. Great Sunday afternoon fare when one wants to watch a war movie.

View attachment 580358
Where Eagles Dare . . .another weekend afternoon look at WWII through rose coloured spectacles.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Nope, sorry, just don't get it.

Could some young person please explain it to an older generation fart what it's all about ?
I believe it is the Rainbow flag, so adored by LGBTQ+ people that it looks like a national emblem. I think that the poster is implying that these LGBTQ+ nationals are often rather large females (or any other gender that happens to be handy) hence the obesity claim.

Klar?

I believe it is the Rainbow flag, so adored by LGBTQ+ people that it looks like a national emblem. I think that the poster is implying that these LGBTQ+ nationals are often rather large females (or any other gender that happens to be handy) hence the obesity claim.

Klar?
Ithankyew

TamH70

MIA
Nope, sorry, just don't get it.

Could some young person please explain it to an older generation fart what it's all about ?

I think it's the Pride Flag that the Alphabet community drape around themselves, and the young lady in question is taking the piss out of the fatter female contingent of said community.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Would be funny, except that soldier is now facing a war crimes trial at the Hague, and even his mates think he's guilty.

If only he'd quoted Shakespeare first

The opposing argument about Yeshua is that, as the Son of God, he was omnipotent and could be any nationality.

As A Boleyn did not have that character then a black woman playing the part is total wokism, except I am just surprised they did not have a black man play the part for full on wokieness.
Eddie Izzard in blackface would have been amusing...

TamH70

MIA
Eddie Izzard in blackface would have been amusing...
That's who is going to play Nelson Mandela in the next bio-pic.