Silly Officer Cadet

How is this even news. And I don't mean you posting it, I can see how the Daily Mail thought it was newsworthy.
Because all the media who profess to be "Champions of the Forces" just love it when they can slate said Forces they are champions of. Fucking snakes.
But the young Sirs to be (maybe) were feckin daft to post it in the public domain. Harsh lesson coming their way I think.

Sad to say it, but I think the person is a RLC soldier who was probably doing mong driving details on DYNAMIC VICTORY and not actually, as the Mail always do shoddy reporting, a Officer Cadet.

Pish

Whats the executees capbadge/stable belt say

The day squaddies stop taking chad phots is the day I start worrying about the defence of the realm properly

That new webbing looks gash.

The AK-47 looks like a hard plastic facsimilie, one of a number which were originally made for 7 Intelligence Company in West Germany, and 8 Intelligence Company in England during the late 1980s, and subsequently used by Battle Groups for training. The colours in the background and on the stable belt, are similar to those of the former 15th/19th Kings Royal Hussars (Red, Yellow, Blue, Red) and could, at first sight be mistaken for REME colours (Blue, Gold (Yellow) and Red). However, since the 15/19th amalgamated with the 13th/18th Queens Royal Hussars in 1992, I am not sure which Regiment is represented.

NB- Could possibly be a Yeomanry Regiment

The shocking image is reminiscent of video clips and images of infamous ISIS executioner Jihadi John, reports The Sun.

Bollocks.

The AK-47 looks like a hard plastic facsimilie, one of a number which were originally made for 7 Intelligence Company in West Germany, and 8 Intelligence Company in England during the late 1980s, and subsequently used by Battle Groups for training. The colours in the background and on the stable belt, are similar to those of the former 15th/19th Kings Royal Hussars (Red, Yellow, Blue, Red) and could, at first sight be mistaken for REME colours (Blue, Gold (Yellow) and Red). However, since the 15/19th amalgamated with the 13th/18th Queens Royal Hussars in 1992, I am not sure which Regiment is represented.

NB- Could possibly be a Yeomanry Regiment
It's the RMAS badge and colours but they're not OCdts.

As others have said troops have always taken daft piccies. All tomorrow's fish and chip papers, in my view.

Last edited:
It's the RMAS badge and colours but they're not OCdts.

As others have said troops have always taken daft piccies. All tomorrow's fish and chip papers, in my view.
Thanks BL, just had it confirmed by the Sun. They reckon both are RLC, however, the hooded Gurkha appears to be wearing an unidentifiable stable belt which doesn't appear to be RLC.

A British soldier training to become an officer at Sandhurst has been photographed holding a machine gun to a man's head in a sick mock ISIS execution.
A machine gun?!? I don't call a replica of an AK-47 a machine gun. Crap reporting from the Daily Wail, as usual.
As for the squaddies, they're about to find out why one doesn't take selfies while on ops. :-D

Thanks BL, just had it confirmed by the Sun. They reckon both are RLC, however, the hooded Gurkha appears to be wearing an unidentifiable stable belt which doesn't appear to be RLC.

It's poor quality but if you squint a bit and stare at the capbadge it might be Queen's Gurkha Signals which would fit the idea of a couple of bored blokes messing about in what seems to be an un-manned shed.

It's poor quality but if you squint a bit and stare at the capbadge it might be Queen's Gurkha Signals which would fit the idea of a couple of bored blokes messing about in what seems to be an un-manned shed.
It looks clearly QGSigs to my bleary eyes. Can't pin anything on the guy with the rubber gun though!

I recall the memoirs of one ATO in Baghdad, who wrote that on the day of Moron's Mirror story, the whol;e city went batshit with bombs as suspect devices.

Well done, Media, putting more lives at risk.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Auld-Yin The NAAFI Bar 39
Fang_Farrier Military History and Militaria 38
vampireuk The NAAFI Bar 1543