Silliest War film ever-THE REMAKE!

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Bradstyley, Aug 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC news

Can you hear that sound? Thats the sound of the bottom of the Hollywood barrel being scraped! I actually harbour a guilty liking for the original, silly as it is, so probably will watch this!
  2. Yep how a few good ol American boys ( all on the school football team of course) defeat the Russian / Cuban invasion, the biggest load of shat I've sat through, f*cking hilarious though long w@nkfest for the pro gun lobby.
  3. I thought the original Red Dawn was a bit like Starship Troopers - so bad you just had to enjoy it!

4. And Americans wonder why the rest of the world hates them.........................................?

Why not make a contempary one? A group of fat Yank co-eds on a class visit to Mecca offend the Muslim world by shitting in Mohammed's sandals and then fight off the Muslim world's counter-attack? Throw in a shark, a giant octopus and Hollywood wins again.
  5. I don't know, Starship Troopers was blatantly done with a sense of irony, Red dawn actually meant it!
  6. Straight to DVD hell with this one, I think.
  7. Well that sounds fun.
  8. A re-make of the wild geese would be good!!
  9. If there is any star of enough magnitude to step into the shoes of Burton, Moore, Harris, Kruger and co. Even Kenneth Griffiths (the Fenian supporting cnut) was (begrudgingly) magnificent and I do wonder who there is about now to step into the part.
  10. Red dawn I loved it.
    won't have a word said against it.
    red dawn 2 stupid idea though :twisted:
  11. There was a Wild Geese 2 ! It was utter, utter shoite
  12. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

13. There was an interview with Guy Ritchie a few days back and he did mention his cast for the remake

Hugh Grant would be taking Roger Moores part
    Bob Hoskins - Richard Burton
    Sean Bean - Richard Harris
    David Hasselhoff - Hardy Kruger

other actors he mentioned were Danny Dyer, Lee Evans, and Gerard Butler but he siad it was due to start shooting in the next couple of months
  14. The HOFF???? Surely Not???
  15. Apparently so, seems he impressed Mr Ritchie at his audition..