• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Silliest military related questions from civvies ever...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
In all honesty, I don't remember ever being asked a silly question about being a part time Slapper. But that's probably because nobody even knew. It was just another job to me, and I didn't assume anyone would be interested.
Never realised you were a part-timer.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
My good lady wife was a NAAFI lady. Joined thinking she'd be working with her Army brothers but got sent to HMS Collingwood, where she met yours truly on her first night.

Shortly after, while in a pub in Gosport, she overheard a similar slagging and offered to fight the whole pub.

She was so angry that there were no takers that she went outside and threw her mate's camera on the ground, breaking it to pieces.
This should be in the How Bone is Your Missus thread.

I was once asked by pc plod why I was not displaying a tax disc was on my thee tonner
I was asked by PC plod to explain why the reg no etched on the windows was different from the reg plates on the car. I tried explaining BFG and failed, I ended up flashing my warrant card and told him to PNC the car telling him all he would get is a message to contact RMP.

PTSD related stuff seems quite common.Its as if they think going on ops turns us all into drooling idiots.When I went back to work after Iraq,the cleaner(yes,really)asked how I was coping with being traumatised by my experiences.
You should have told her that the only effect that had manifested itself was an homicidal intolerance of poorly cleaned desks, carpets and windows and a craving for the moustachioed lips of coarse, nylon-clad women, smelling faintly of Detol, around one’s helmet.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
“How many people have you killed?”

“Depends if you’re counting just enemy combatants or women and children too?”

Latest Threads