Silliest military related questions from civvies ever...

From a different perspective:

What's it like on a submarine?
Are there any windows?
How long are you away/underwater? (Usually followed by 'HOW LONG?')
Don't you get sick from the radiation?
How deep do you go?

And patiently telling them the difference between nuclear power and nuclear weapons.......

Last edited:
Interview at a Scottish university...

Interviewer: “Sooo, you were in Northern Ireland?”
[Interview panel all lean in toward me with concerned looks on their faces]
Interviewer: “How did that effect you?”
Me: “It was great, nice countryside, doing the job I signed up to do, oh- and the chance of slotting some terrorist bastard”.
[interviewers recoil- caring expressions replaced by ones of horrified shock]
Interviewer: “Er, thanks Guzzijon, we’ll be in touch”.
Cunts.

Ladies, gentlemen and jarrod, I think we have the silliest military related question...

I give you

"was bugsy really in the RAMC?"

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Interview at a Scottish university...

Interviewer: “Sooo, you were in Northern Ireland?”
[Interview panel all lean in toward me with concerned looks on their faces]
Interviewer: “How did that effect you?”
Me: “It was great, nice countryside, doing the job I signed up to do, oh- and the chance of slotting some terrorist bastard”.
[interviewers recoil- caring expressions replaced by ones of horrified shock]
Interviewer: “Er, thanks Guzzijon, we’ll be in touch”.
cnuts.
I was asked by our local Liberal female MP at a function, She said, I was told you were in Northern Ireland, I nodded my head, she put her hand on mine and said very slowly and sadly "Oh you poor dear thing!" I replied "Not at all, we gave as good as we got!" she moved away while looking backwards towards me.

Oh you're in the Army, do you know Geordie, he's from Newcastle?
Yep. I know someone in the army called Dave. Do you know him?
OMG. How do you cope with your PTSD?
All soldiers are racists.
How many people have you killed?
No. You two cannot both fück me at the same time.

It’s very unusual for soldiers to fight to the death. Usually, if they’re allowed to surrender, they surrender. And when they fight on stubbornly, it’s typically not because of orders from the top, but because they’re idiots who take war too seriously."
I recall an account from a US Infantry unit in WW2 when confronted by members of the Hitler Youth. The enemy, despite being offered the chance to surrender at an early stage, fought furiously, without mercy, causing many casualties. They delayed the advance for hours, but on expending all ammunition they would come out with hands raised, shouting 'Kammeraden'.
After two days of this, the CO ordered the surrendering Hitler Youth troops to be shot out of hand, and this brought about a distinct change in attitude from the enemy they encountered in the future, inasmuch as they were far more inclined to throw the towel in when first offered the chance.

My next door neighbour, (IT professional) when he found out that I used to be in the Army asked -

"What had you done?"
I said " Sorry, what do you mean?"
He said "To be sent to the Army, what had you done wrong?"

He'd either time travelled back from Wellingtons era, or genuinely thought that it was either Army or prison!
Not quite so far back. There were a fair few borstal boys and youth offenders in army Boys Service, up until the mid 70s, who had been offered that.

Seems like most of us have been asked did you kill / how many did you kill?

What was your best answer?

Latest Threads