• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Silliest military related questions from civvies ever...

when you ask a TA female WO2 why she permitted the troops she was taking on parade to call her "Sir!" when affirming their names
Must admit I can't see the problem there - used to be SOP in at least one RAMC unit in the mid-nineties to answer "Sir!" instead of "Sergeant!" or "Staff!" on the grounds that you weren't really answering to the SNCO, but to the CO who was taking the names of his unit's Privates and JNCOs, with the SNCO functioning as a sort of virtual CO. Was this a speshul thing, or did it flourish in the wider army as well?

Must admit I can't see the problem there - used to be SOP in at least one RAMC unit in the mid-nineties to answer "Sir!" instead of "Sergeant!" or "Staff!" on the grounds that you weren't really answering to the SNCO, but to the CO who was taking the names of his unit's Privates and JNCOs, with the SNCO functioning as a sort of virtual CO. Was this a speshul thing, or did it flourish in the wider army as well?

I could have accepted that but the CO at the time was female (and fat).

Certainly in my old mob.
Who ever was taking the parade was considered to be representing the OC.Ergo,name called out,answer'Sir'.
Same when I was TA.

Why would you be approaching random 15 year old girls and asking them questions?
To find out if they were 16.
Assuming he's that choosy of course.

I was attached to the TAs. You're all ******* shit.
You must have been referring to the Teaching Assistants in your old school ;)

If your referring to a reserve unit that was shite than the only reason they were crap is the standard of the training they recieved, notably from grumpy cock-eyed austistics's like yourself @Bile-Spewer as perhaps a member of permanent staff whom spent majority of his working hours kicking his feet up on a desk and shagging the RSM's cocker spaniel :clap:

If your referring to a reserve unit that was shite than the only reason they were crap is the standard of the training they recieved, notably from grumpy cock-eyed austistics's like yourself @Bile-Spewer as perhaps a member of permanent staff whom spent majority of his working hours kicking his feet up on a desk and shagging the RSM's cocker spaniel :clap:
Tell me about your tours.

I can think of one SPSI who spent more time on the golf course than in the TAC.

"So you go to war every Tuesday night in [Unit Location]?"

Quickly followed by the next question, "Do you still fight in trenches?"

Yes dear, every tuesday I go sit in a trench on the high street outside the post office, because the local barbarian chavs are invading again. Thank God they don't kick off the rest of the week.

No it's definitely because they were shite. I blame their Mr Ben mentality and the overall refusal to go to war.

Im glad you weren't my PSI.
At least half of my TA unit had been on ops,some of them more than once.Telic,Herrick and even The Balkans.
That's nice, at least they put themselves forward.

The TA unit I was posted to also had individuals that deployed on operations.

They had six people from a regiment deploy during a 5 year period whilst Iraq & Afghanistan were in full swing.

One of those deployed persons was a PSI.

Thank you for your service.

I can think of one SPSI who spent more time on the golf course than in the TAC.
I think I met one like that...

...but then I probably spent more time in the bar than he did... :drunken:

That's nice, at least they put themselves forward.

The TA unit I was posted to also had individuals that deployed on operations.

They had six people from a regiment deploy during a 5 year period whilst Iraq & Afghanistan were in full swing.

One of those deployed persons was a PSI.

Thank you for your service.
Not a particularly well motivated unit then?