Silliest military related questions from civvies ever...

Came across this for a start from Quora: Are the SAS allowed to surrender?

One answer

"An elite front-line soldier represents a million-dollar investment in training, experience, and equipment. If he’s KIA, the investment is lost. If he’s captured alive, you might get him back.

And even if they’re not allowed, you think they wouldn’t surrender anyway when the cards are ready to fall? What’s stopping them?

It’s very unusual for soldiers to fight to the death. Usually, if they’re allowed to surrender, they surrender. And when they fight on stubbornly, it’s typically not because of orders from the top, but because they’re idiots who take war too seriously."

Well why shouldn't we all have that fight to the death mentality, after all the USMC are all about "Death before dishonor"

P3842.jpg

I always thought the USMC was Semper Fidelis.

Q Can you go home.

Q What time do you have to be back in camp and turn your lights out.

Q How many people have you killed.

Came across this for a start from Quora: Are the SAS allowed to surrender?

One answer

"An elite front-line soldier represents a million-dollar investment in training, experience, and equipment. If he’s KIA, the investment is lost. If he’s captured alive, you might get him back.

And even if they’re not allowed, you think they wouldn’t surrender anyway when the cards are ready to fall? What’s stopping them?

It’s very unusual for soldiers to fight to the death. Usually, if they’re allowed to surrender, they surrender. And when they fight on stubbornly, it’s typically not because of orders from the top, but because they’re idiots who take war too seriously."

Well why shouldn't we all have that fight to the death mentality, after all the USMC are all about "Death before dishonor"

View attachment 353072
You're a civilian.

1. How many people have you killed?
2. What do you do all day; drill?
3. Do you know X, he's in the Army too; short guy with a moustache?

They also salute British Army warrant officers.

When I state "they" I mean TA LCpls on light duties (excused boots) whilst on promotion courses.

The wretched cunts.

Can you have TWO sausages?

Can I bring my Pitbull to basic?

I am in the TA - but working at a naval establishment. I want to wear my uniform, but cannot see why I have to salute Officers not from my unit. Can I just leave my headgear off?

All seen on ARRSE.

At the Fairford Airshow, c 1998.

"Is it true that you can use the jet engines to cook food? My ex-boyfriend told me they used to do this on the Tornado / Harrier / Jaguar* at Sqn BBQ's"

* - delete as applicable.

My next door neighbour, (IT professional) when he found out that I used to be in the Army asked -

"What had you done?"
I said " Sorry, what do you mean?"
He said "To be sent to the Army, what had you done wrong?"

He'd either time travelled back from Wellingtons era, or genuinely thought that it was either Army or prison!