Silent Scottish Invasion?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TopBadger, Mar 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, we're going to get a Scottish bloke on our money:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6444003.stm

When BLiar steps down we'll get a Scottish PM (Brown or perhaps Reed!)

We've got a Scottish defence secretary.

And to top it all off, my landlord is Scottish.

Wouldn't be so bad if they shipped their best single malts south of the border. B*stards.

Is this a Scottish Invasion? Should i be getting prepared?

TB

2. I don't think the Scotch can do anything silently, can they???

3. Unfortunately BLiar is already a plastic jock.

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Too late to do anything - if you haven't noticed it has already happened.... :thumleft:

5. We're already here - drinking your beer, spending your money and porking your women up the wrong un!! :headbang:

To steal a line from that tremendous historical documentary Braveheart - "If we can't get them out, we'll breed them out!"

6. As a Scot I'm a little concerned that too many of my countrymen thought that Braveheart was a documentary :shock:

7. I'd be more concerned that most Scots are passionate about a film where the main character wears make-up and ends the film getting his head lobbed off!

That film did affect Mel Gibson though… he wasn’t a racist sexist drunk before.

8. Someone once told me that the Scots were like haemorrhoids.

Those that come down and go back up of their own accord are OK. It’s those that come down and stay down that are the problem.

9. Originality just isn't your forte now is it?

10. Braveheart? Lethal Weapon in kilts!! Not a bad film as films go but anyone who thinks thats a true reflection of what really happened needs shooting....twice to make sure.

It gets really bad when i pop home and you see the tourist tat in the shops, pictures of "William Wallace"...it's feckin Mel Gibson fer chrissakes!!

It amazes me that so many people have this "English/Scottish" thing in this country. I thought we were Britain. My missus is English, my best mates and workmates are English, Irish and Welsh. Is it just a sign of the times where we're so p1ssed off with foreigners that we're gonna see our own countrymen as foreigners? Idiotic if you ask me.

11. ah, that old chestnut - how I laughed when I read it :yawnstretch: I guess it's only matter of time before someone dredges up the Hardians Wall gags too....

As for the Braveheart/documentary comment, I guess it was too early in the day for sarcasm

I'm off to do my (english) missus up the Ronson :biggrin:

12. Its all part of the same German/Scottish plot. Its been going on for years.

A Jock PM will be just the start. Before we know what's hit us, we will have a Jodelling, thigh slapping Bavarian, in tartan Leder hosen, on the throne, drinkable beer and a BMW or Merc outside every house.

Not in my NAAFI break!

For more info on the plot have a look at the "Scotland Started World War One" thread

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=60315.html

13. Hear Hear!

14. I think you asked for it when you set up your own parliament... 99.9% of foreigners come from countries with their own parliament dont'cha'know!

TB

15. Our own parliament?? our own feckin shambles/ money drain dont you mean, total bollox the lot of them. Mind you, if I had my way ALL politicians regardless of nationality would be lined up and shot....without a feckin last fag and blindfold.

Come the revolution :threaten: