Silent Gun - Bigfoot - ex BC of 79 (Kirkee) Cdo Bty

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by HVM_Boy, Jan 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am sorry to report that Maj P.G. - BC of 79 Kirkee Cdo Bty in the 80s/90s sadly passed away this afternoon. He had been ill for a while. He was also an IG at the RSA for a while and was recently the BC of 206 (Ulster) Battery RA(V).

Bigfoot, as he was affectionately known, was not just my boss and FOO mentor, but he was my friend. He will be sadly missed.

Rest in peace.
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Saw this on the Commando Gunner site today. Never met the man but I'm sure those who did will have a few wets for him at the reunion in July.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Peter Geary's funeral service will be held at The Church Of Ireland in Glenarm Co Antrim at 1400hrs on Sunday 5th of February. All are welcome to attend and we are planning to send him off in style. No flowers please but voluntary donations direct to The Northern Ireland Hospice.
  4. After my time with Kirkee RIP
  5. What a shame - met him when he was a TA BC in NI and we had a good chat about 'the Pink Hotel'.
  6. He was my IG on my FOOs course - mad as a hatter but great fun. Used to lead us over SPTA with his blackthorn accross line G-T until the splinters were falling behind us...that was danger close! He lived life to the full; seem to remember that he had a share in a rather dodgey Salisbury watering hole and drove big bikes.