Sigs trade flags

Hi guys - can someone please suggest where I might be able to get six sigs trade flags at short notice - one week? Our QM's dept threw a wobbly at the short notice.

Many thanks
H

Attachments

We want to present them to a course of signallers upon finishing their phase 2 qual. We are not a R Sigs unit though.

Not sure what they will do with the flags though!

If you are in Blandford, you could pop up to Bovington or perhaps Middlewallop. Both, I would have thought, would run "flags" courses.

Personnally I would regard getting crossed flags as an insult. Are you saying I am a mere Signaller not a Signalman? (now known as a Royal Signaller, of course) :p

Have to admit to liking the flags, especially on jumpers. You knew how well trained a soldier was and what job they did. Bottom left arm for class 2, bottom right for class 1 and above tapes for instructor.

If we had badges what would they be? Operator flags, tech bunk bed, ED hammer, IS Op specks??

polar said:
Have to admit to liking the flags, especially on jumpers. You knew how well trained a soldier was and what job they did. Bottom left arm for class 2, bottom right for class 1 and above tapes for instructor.

If we had badges what would they be? Operator flags, tech bunk bed, ED hammer, IS Op specks??
Feck off Polar, got to be screwdriver, kettle or cherry heater :D

Lineys could have a big bin for theirs :wink:

roadster280 said:
heidtheba said:
polar said:

Feck off Polar, got to be screwdriver, kettle or cherry heater :D

Lineys could have a big bin for theirs :wink:
How about a Kettle for techs, P45 for operators, a Bill Gates Victim Windows logo for speccy fcukers and a lead weight for RD types? Oh, and an RAC patrolman's hat for the MT wallahs.
Is there an AESP for kettles? If not the techs wouldn't be able to use it :D

Edited for mongness, and being corrected by Roadster

roadster280 said:
See, that's what I like, got it wrong and fessed up. How about some politicians start thinking along those lines.

Anyway, was EMERs in my day:) Only got AESPs for that Ptarmigan shite. Proper kit was covered in EMERs and ISPLs etc.

Retired cantankerous old cnuts like me need a badge too. A fcuking big Jimmy on a blazer down the Legion :) On second thoughts...
WTF?

I know of ERMES who have just got the NAFFI franchaise in Cyprus but EMERs?

roadster280 said:
Fcuk, I must be really old!

Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Regulations.

All of Clansman was covered by EMERs, I can't think it's been completely replaced yet, nor that AESPs would have been produced for a system that's been on death row for 15 years or more.
roadster, I've been in 15+ years and I have never heard of EMERs.

roadster280 said:
IIRC, all the genes had AESPs, not EMERs. However, AESPs only came about in the 80s, and anything designed earlier than that (eg AFV43x, SIII LRs, Clansman, etc) all had EMERS. They were named for the subject, e,g EMER Tels 123 would refer to a piece of scaley kit, EMER Power xyz to a gene.

Simple systems, like say the Onan 3.5 may well have had an AESP issued, because there wasn't much to it, compared with say a Chieftain bridge layer. I'm sure the spanner monkeys in the LAD/wksp will have loads in their libraries.

Honest guv, I'm not lying, and we used EMERs at the School when I left 6 years ago...

Anyway, thread drift.[/quote]

Yeah, lineys should have bins....................

roadster280 said:
Serious thread drift here. My fault. Sorry.

To the OP - any inf or RAC unit should have them. Try Bovi or Warminster if local to Dorset/Wilts. No use trying R SIGNALS units.
Roadster thanks.

:)

heidtheba said:
Is there an AESP for kettles? If not the techs wouldn't be able to use it :D
The techs wouldn't know what to do with the AESP if they had it. The only time I've seen techs touch their library is in the run up to an ECI!

Latest Threads