Sigs question

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Pob02, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Does the Westland run Bowman Advanced Signaller course (3 week one in Pirbright) give any sort of qualification worth it's salt in the real world ( as an Infanteer I am talking equivalency to RS as an example). Or does it, as it would seem, just mean that those who have done it are now qualified to be paperwork admin bitches as and when their battalions are Bowmanised ?
  2. The courses ran at Pirbright are mostly conversion courses i believe
  3. The courses run by Westland will give you the BOWMAN qualification but not the overarching Inf qual that covers all of the other stuff like CP/Line etc.etc

I question the value of the westland courses over the Inf run courses - 3 weeks PPT or 7 weeks hands on ??
  4. When we did our conversion at Pirbright it was purely to convert my clansman RS to Bowman. It only showed use of the radios and data capabilities. It did leave us with some questions about stuff like improvised antennas etc.
  5. I am sure crow bag will back me up being in the same platoon but i do believe the Pirbright Bowman centre has now closed and besides they were of limited use as anyone can read from a pamplet.
  6. Yeah pretty much