Sigs forum - Another NAAFI or viable Corps chunder

When I first came on Arrse god bless its cotton little socks the Sigs forum although a bit of a haven for IS Ops was pretty much Corps orientated and a dam good read.

Now its just a soap box for whinging Soldiers (90% from Blandford WRVS) who either havent got promoted or are in a state of shock to find that "my god" they are soldiers!!

So cards on the table, why have a Sigs forum? it isnt needed just spout your sh1te (cos it is) in the Naafi forum.

1 in everyone 30 posts is Corps relevant the rest is utter bandwidth wastage.

Is this Forum worth fighting for (before I pm to GoodCo to have it deleted?)

milkybar said:
put a block on blandford wrvs
Don't put a block on the forum. I understand that the Corp is full of whingers but everyone else in the Firm knows that anyway. However, something does need to be done and you can't blame the WRVS at Blandford. I, IMHO, would look further than than the forum. No offence mate.

so put something in worth talking about!!!

QinetiQ said:
so put something in worth talking about!!!
Yeah, you are right. When I sober up I'll put something in about CNRI :?

Disco, just because ‘you’ don’t like the current state of this forum does that really give you the right to get this forum deleted? Rather Blair-ish of you.

23c

Disco said:
Is this Forum worth fighting for (before I pm to GoodCo to have it deleted?)
Wow, Disco, are you really so powerful that you can request the deletion of the Sigs forum? Surely the forum mods would be rather put out. I agree that this forum is very often a bunch of whingeing shiite but c'est la vi big man. Parliament is full of tossers, but it's no reason to abolish it.

Why don't we get some decent topic starting points going?

Your missing the point,

I can suggest to the Co`s to have it removed and they may say "dont think so" or they may agree.

I am suggesting that the Sigs forum is no longer a Sigs forum more of a medium of open whinging.

Say it isnt so?

Polar, we have had many a good debate on here (in the past) with the focus on Corps Ops and doctrine etc alas the later generations once they have Internet access do not get it and continue to dilute a steadfast forum with garbage.

How many more *unit is pants or RSM * is pants or being in the Corps is pants.

Come on dig deep, why should we keep a Sigs forum as the majority of Sigs post should either be in the Naafi or deleted as irrelevant?

All trash asides, its surely worth it for the few gems that almost get overlooked every once in a while. Some of us now civvies would not have stumbled across Arrse would it not have been for the fact that there was a Sigs forum (nostalgia...) many like me lurk here and enjoy reading corps banter of the better sort.

so.

Vote to stay
+ Vote to shoot shiitespouting sprog chunder monkeys who necessitate this debate

I know it seems shoite Disco but the sigs forum is needed, think about it even in the last couple of days we've had threads from people wishing to join the corps, people trying to get in touch with old friends, people reminising about how good life was at catterick (strange one on me that i'll be honest) and some threads actually about the corps with relevence and have proved interesting with an actual outcome (the VC thread for example). Yes the whinging aspect is stronger here than in most other boards but what has actually become clear to myself in the last few weeks is these threads are being blown way out of proportion by the replies they attract rather than the initial statement/complaint. Maybe the Board needs moderating more strongly and maybe we could have a blandford sticky, much like the sandhurst one in the officers board, where all Blandford related posts can be put and any sneaking onto the main board that the mods don't think are relevant can be moved there and forgot about. The board kicked off like this about 8 months ago and it died down after the offending threads were locked. People got the hint and shut up about it. Plus deleting the board means we'll lose this peach G3 Ops Vs the old lady

to be honest i have to agree with bully lets not lose our own personality just because of a few gripes and whinges i have spoken to the guys who posted the lastest blandford post and they were fishing for bites and well most of us bit.

We have had some absolute gems on here and i think the idea of a sticky or 2 for whinges would take that out of main board.

The corps is undertaking a very major upheaval with regards to equipment, manning, trade specs and doctrine and like any major organisation there is always resistance to change.

So let people vent their spleen on the forum, to some extent thats what the site is about, but lets keep it off the main board and lets not lose this forum or our identity over it.

Wow Disco,

Your subject matter seems to be about people whinging when your the only doing such a thing on this thread.

OOOOHHHH!! Look at me I'm going to tell on you to the CO......

This is an open forum, freedom of speech, and yes I agree, people do moan on the SIGs forum but their comments are there to be opposed by other opinions.

******************----------------RIP FREEDOM OF SPEECH--07/10/05---------------**************************

Ive started a poll to carry on this topic, might as well get something out of this.

Is anyone else disappointed with Disco's comments?

A bit of a defeatist attitude isn't it?

No Suggestions, No questions asking how we can improve it...........

Poor, Very Poor....

Interesting that this topic was started late on a Friday evening when the majority of whingers have gone home for the weekend to have mummy look after them.

Maybe over the weekend we will see some positive replies and suggestions regarding our glorious Corps thread, now that Blandford is empty except for the Scotish orphans.

Will this thread get attention more when the WRVS fills up again on Monday and Tueasday. I think so.

However, removing the Signals forum because a MOD wants it removed is a little silly. If there was real cause for it to be removed there would of been more people requesting it. As I see it there is only Disco at the moment.

There is good topics in the forum as well as the bone ones but I am as guilty as the next person to carry on the bone threads by pointing out to the originator that they have started a bone thread!!!!

Its life, if its really boring and there are bone threads posted Disco, police it a little more. I was unaware that you were a MOD on the Sigs thread. I thought is was IS_GEEK and BOW_MAN. Sorry in advance if I am mistaken

Rant over!!

Thanks for your time.

Disco said:
Polar, we have had many a good debate on here (in the past) with the focus on Corps Ops and doctrine etc
I know what you mean, but they still do happen, i.e. several RSigs posters hijacked the AMS thread (on med CIS) for a few weeks until we got sussed.

I do think its wrong that the TA thread debates more RSigs issues than this forum (contributers are roughly 50-50 reg and TA).

I think it was mentioned in the past that we should split this forum into two (a 'Blandford Forum' was suggested)

Whoa who whoa...sweet child o mine!!

Again a lot of people are knee jerking (which is the intent) and have not really looked at the problem.

[Dr Feltcher]Wow Disco,

Your subject matter seems to be about people whinging when your the only doing such a thing on this thread.

OOOOHHHH!! Look at me I'm going to tell on you to the CO......

This is an open forum, freedom of speech, and yes I agree, people do moan on the SIGs forum but their comments are there to be opposed by other opinions.
Please, read the original post it is not a whinge it is a recognition of the status of this forum. Great news your reply has put up another notch on the counter (your in double figures, at least something came out of it)

Ive started a poll to carry on this topic, might as well get something out of this.

Is anyone else disappointed with Disco's comments?

A bit of a defeatist attitude isn't it?

No Suggestions, No questions asking how we can improve it...........

Poor, Very Poor....
Again WTF are you trying to prove, you didnt read the original and follow up posts. Oh I can improve it believe me but I am looking to the shop floor rather than have a Mod constantly tidying the toys away. Feltcher you are falling into the very bracket of what has made this forum a waste of bandwidth.

Yes_Sir, it is not that I want it deleted but personally the Sigs forum no longer functions as such and we are not alone. This is a problem now within Arrse in all Corps forums. If people just want to flame away then crack on in the NAAFI. True as it is the registered MODS for this forum are Geek and Bowman by all means file a complaint with them or indeed the CO`s.

Come on keep digging as to why we should keep it??

Whiel I recognise the contruibitors (most of you) to this thread do indeed support solid Corsp threads many of you still pour fuel onto the crap ones too.

So by all means keep sniping at me Im a big lad and can take it but if you do then your missing the point of this thread.

Every forum is vulnerable to the younger/less experienced/thicko element. There are some bright cookies on the sigs forum, as one would expect, however it's only natural that sprogs have no real interest in (and view of) the bigger picture and are far less likely to be able to hold their tongue.

Perhaps we could be a bit more aggressive in shutting them up. I suggest that we PM Bowman and IS Ski Geek to modify habitual assholes' avatars with the old oxygen thief motif and 'send them to coventry' (which is very close to 30 Sigs by the way).