Sigs a good choice?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by hrwilliams_wales, Mar 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am in process of joining the ARMY having just sat my BARB test and scored well. I wanted to join the MP but having failed maths GCSE (lazy boy) i am uneligable. I am therefore considering the Sigs owing to the trade training and travel possibilities. How does life in the Sigs differ from Infantry life and what are the main pros and conns! Any reply would be appreciated!

2. Dunno, you could try asking the scaleys themselves on their own forum! :oops: Maybe your GCSE english reading was a bit borderline too. However without maths GCSE, I would imagine most [technical] trades in the Sigs are out. :cry:

Quite why the Monkeys insist on having maths GCSE is beyond me - maybe for adding up the amount of time wasted investigating innocent officers & soldiers each year, following spurious claims; but that's a separate topic in it's own right! :evil:

3. Quite why the Monkeys insist on having maths GCSE is beyond me - maybe for adding up the amount of time wasted investigating innocent officers & soldiers each year, following spurious claims; but that's a separate topic in it's own right! :evil:[/quote]

Good call....!

4. The Sigs are an excellent choice. Particularly the P228/229 series. Incredibly accurate and reliable. Additionally, you can request 15 & 17 rd magazine, although not too good for concealment!

have i missed the point?

5. Some nice Sigs chicks too unlike our own RLC bred Bull dykes

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Hello Bleepy types, moved this from the RLC forum as it's not really our bag.

Thank you.

7. there are many trades within the signals, from Technician to Driver.

if I had my time again i would definately opt for (can't believe I am saying this!!!) Technician, or IS.

For Civdiv, they are the most pertinant trades. Also they are fast track promotion trades, and always high pay band.

they are also required all over the place, so postring choices are better than trades like mine, AS Op.

You could definately do worse than join the Royal Corps.

8. traitor. all techs must be mocked, i used to like my brother... until i found out he was a tech.

rim thier brews, hide thier tools, phone them up and mock them!!!

dont be a tech you will be hated upon by all but your own

install techs are allright. good trade... good posts, (very few to choose from compaired to other trades) civi quals are spectacular

RS and AS op are the bread and butter stuff. hence you will be called upon to be jack of all trades and master of none.

mechanic, comms, binman, leaf technician, perculator, snow blower, sand sweeper. painter decorator, removals man... the list goes on and on

but its all good fun!!! iv had a giggle!

9. Information Systems Engineer is indeed a cracking trade if you want to get some recognised quals and experience (the old 'join the army, get a trade' concept). However...it is definitely not a fast-track promotion trade. Not unless you're a forum moderator :wink:

CS