Signing up but have no idea of what profession. HELP!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by catmull, Sep 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm signing up for the army, but i have no idea what regiment or profession to choose. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Intelligence?

3. Royal Army Veterinary Corps?
    Royal Army Chaplain's Department?

4. dont you have to have a brain to join the intelligence corps though?

5. did u not get some information on the different professions during recruitment?it really helped me.

6. yeah, i got some info, but i cant really make up me mind which ones to go for.

7. Mate, insist that you join the 24th Foot, and that they don't need to train you as you know tactics. And stuff. Give them an example, such as the classical attack in the shape of a fighting bull buffalo, with the head, the horns, and the loins. First the head moves forward and the enemy naturally moves in to meet it - but it's only a feint. The warriors in the head then disperse to form the encircling horns, and the enemy is drawn in on the loins, and the horns close in on the back and sides.

Good luck.

8. How about thinking about what you want from Army life? It's really not enough these days to think "I want to be a soldier" because there's a lot more to it now.

RAC = Drive tanks, or Recce vehicles,
    RA = Use big guns to throw shells onto targets, UAV, Air Defence,
    Infantry = Variety of regiments, all doing basically the same role,
    RAMC = Combat medic etc.

Seriously, you've got to consdier what you personally are interested in, and if nothing really grabs your attention, are you sure you want in to the Army?

(The above list is by no means exhaustive and the roles I specified are still only a small amount of what these units do)

9. Oh, are we throwing in our own respective corps for their choice now?

Army Air Corps. :threaten:

10. Yey - RAMC!!

11. Go RA big guns big bangs lol! Well its not the reason im picking it for but hey :p

12. There is only one Corps that counts........

Royal Engineers