Signing off

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by stackon, Sep 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just a quick question as I am currently serving in an Isodet and have limited access to Admin. I signed the paperwork to extend to 24 years last year, but, I may now want to finish at my 22, can I simply leave at 22 if I give notice or do I have to give 12 months notice (21 year point)? I take it if I leave at 22 I am still able to get my full pension etc?

    Any help is appreciated.
  2. I take it the increase to 24 years is via Veng.

    As long as you are still on the 75 pension as opposed to the 05 (the new one they tried to flog to us), and have completed 22 years colour service, then you will get your full pension if you leave after 22 years and nil days.
    The length of notice is dependent on how much resettlement you want. If you want the full entailment, you need to give at least 12 month's notice.
    It is possible to leave with as little as 1 month's notice but you will get no resettlement benefits.

    This is correct as far as I’m aware but there are better educated people who may say differently.
  3. Are you on the Notice Enagement, if so you should be able to PVR and if I remember you only have to give 2 weeks notice, as you done over 22yrs you won't have to pay to get out.
  4. If you have selected Veng then you are no longer on Notice Engament!
  5. Cheers for the answers. I have taken the Veng option for the additional 2 years, currently only done 20 so have a little while to make my mind up, but, if things drop nice I will want to leave at my 22 and take up another career.
  6. Somebody in my unit PVR and he signed upto VENG, pm me if you want me to get any details