Signing off Ban

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Alf_Garnet_Commando, Feb 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can a CO ban individuals from signing off???

Not PVR ing.

2. You cannot be stopped from signing off as this would be a breach of contract providing you give the correct notice. If you have served less than 12 you will have a liability for reserve service. If your CO is trying to convince you that you cannot sign off, then this is a gross breach of his powers and you would have every right to submit a complaint. In the past of course you could have told your CO that you loved him and this would have been enough to have you discharged for being a whoopsy... these days you would probably get promoted..

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Not from signing off per say but he can put limitations on when the discharge will occur if there is an operation coming up and he needs to firm up an ORBAT. Can find there is a bar the period before and during a op tour.

4. A whole battalion in england has been told there is a signing off ban. Where would one go to redress this?

5. News of the World? :wink:

6. In my regiment we were told that the CO was not going to let people sign off who he thought would have been a public burden!
    Tosser, I never heard of him applying it though, goo job as anyone with anyballs would have taken him straight to court.

As for the sign off ban, that is what we got told. But my friend who was a clerk confirmed that it was just PVR's as the CO cannot stop people from leaving. Also he's not allowed to send people on Op's in their last six months, and that come from the resettlement officer - I know he did stop people from deploying.

Best bet mate, speak to the resettlement officer in your local area.

7. It sounds to me like certain CO's are probably the reason so many want to sign off... Shouldn't the system investigate when signing off reaches certain levels? Indicates a major failure of leadership to me.

8. Good point. I'm proberbly not the only who has seen the Arrivals\Discharges board taken down from an orderly room by an CO\OC when the discharges section has an extension to it. Do they get investigated, and if they do what happens? I've seen some awful OC's promoted off the back of huge sign off rates.

9. They do. My unit got investigated during Agricola 1, about 30% sign off rate as I recall. Don't know the result of the investigation, officers dealings not transparent to Cpls! :lol:

10. Missed your post by seconds! Its what they do with junior offrs though isn't it? Its too embarrasing/time consuming to try to knock some common sense/decency into them, so promote them, and let someone else deal with the problem. :?

11. If thats alf garner the pet op who is down at logs every FU*KER wants you to sign off you toilet...If not sorry mate 8O

12. In answer to the original question a CO cannot enforce a signing off ban. He can, however, place a restriction on PVRs that will not be accepted for a period due to operations. As most soldiers no longer have PVR rights anyway it is probably a waste of time ....!

13. your name suggests you wouldnt bother with such shananigans as officially getting out, where are u?? Costa Del Sol sending postcards back to the Bn??!! :wink: :wink:

14. No you can not be restricted in your rights to sign off, so long as you have completed the minimumammount of service your contract dictates, anybody telling you otherwise is talking bolleaux. As for only being on the active reserve under 12 years?, Hmmm tell that to my brother who has just been mobilised at the age of 45 and having only completed 9 years in ooh 1987. Ah well stag on bro hehehehe :p

15. Really? 19 years later? That is going some and I am surprised, as he must have been! How did they track him down?

I think that would be a really good wind-up for someone who has left early!!! :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough, I was discussing the testimonial today with one of my junior officers and I insisted that the last line should consist of the words "should LCpl Fcukwit be recalled to the Colours, I recommend that he be employed as far to the rear as possible" or "I strongly recommend that LCpl Fcukwit should not be given the opportunity to darken our doors ever again". Delete and insert as required.

Litotes