signing off and early release

Hay, I just need some advice on signing off. I have been in the army since aug 2010 and am I able to sign off in aug this year as it will be my 3 year point and by time I do my 12 months it will be 4 years! I'm curious if I can sign off earlier and get early release? The reason I want to leave is due to family reasons.

Any advice would be great thanks

Generally, early release is allowed if you have a job to go to, so start looking for a job!

My husband is in the American forces and is getting posted back to America early 2014 and I want to go with him. He has a good enough job to support the 2 of us can I still get early release or even compassionate reasons to sign off

My husband is in the American forces and is getting posted back to America early 2014 and I want to go with him. He has a good enough job to support the 2 of us can I still get early release or even compassionate reasons to sign off
If you are in a trade that will be reducing under 2020 or your CO is happy to lose you then you may well be able to go early. if the Army has spent a good deal of cash and time training you and you are now a valuable asset it may be you are stuck.

No one on here can tell you, I suggest you speak to your chain of command and request an interview with either your OC or RCMO.

CS

Speak to your RCMO, in this time of austerity, i would of thought that a unit would allow you to leave early just to save money or stop someone from being made redundant. That said if your in a pinchpoint trade you will probably be working everyday until your release date!

oldbaldy

LE
Call your CO mate and get an Honorable Discharge.
Hark I hear the voice of a civvy!

Oh & as your so clued up just what is an 'Honorable Dischage'? Something that happens to young men in the middle of the night?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Jobs (Discussion) 6
Popaz1447 Infantry 8
S Juniors 4