Signals tech thinking of retrading good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'REME' started by Eyeball, May 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am currently serving in the signals as radio tech but the trade is going down the pan, with new equipment coming tied in with civvy contracts and that means were not alloud to touch it. Thinking retrading but still want to keep my skills, is it worth it and also any info on techs would be welcome. Also a keen sports women, is the sport any good (don't mention the rugby team, lost count how many tries we scored against them last match, no effence meant).

2. You may need to do a basic literary skills course before applying :)

3. God - it's fcucking scary if this is the literacy level of sigs

4. They should rename this the 'friendly' core. Never seen so many helpfull people in my life.

5. Corps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus.......I despare I really do......someone pass the vodka........ :roll:

6. smurph, do your homework on the trades available in REME before you make an informed choice.

However, in the opinion of one who jumped the other way, I can assure you, in comparison, REME can offer you far more on both professional and personal levels.

Good luck

7. i have been a tech for years and i hate them. i agree with the VMs techs are T*Ts. unless you are wanting to be a tiffy then stay where you are.

8. Yeair i despare two!