signals museum at Blandford

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Fox-and-horses, May 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard that there is a signals museum at Blandford. has anyone been recently and what are the best exhibits, have they got quality stuff?

2. Dinosaur Poo has been there multiple times.

Drop him a PM and ask his advice as he knows loads about the Royal Signals.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Wah!!! :)

Munch Me

4. The Corp Museum serves several functions including provision of special rankslides for Corps members, selling cack field gear to trainees, selling muffins as moist as Fanny's to those on courses and ingraining the Corps quick march deep into the brain of all those who spend longer than 5 minutes in there.

If you like looking at old radios, you will like the museum. If you don't, join the Signals and get in for free.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The world of the Scaleys will blow your mind with it's awesomeness.

royalsignalsmuseum.co.uk

Or you might just die a little bit inside yourself after seeing it.

6. Almost every day in passing and yes just by passing I end up humming the Corps march all day long!

7. Save your money. Imagine a big hall with a lot of old phones and radios in. It really isn't even as good as it sounds.

The cafe's alright and there used to be a filthy looking MILFy red head with massive cans working in there but frankly they could have Jennifer Ellison and Rhianna lezzing off in Montgomery's caravan and it wouldn't make the museum worth going to.

8. I think the highlights the original speckled Jim from Blackadder and a rubiks cube a liney managed to complete after 22 years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

You have a march? Can you put up a tent in time to it?

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Think there's a mills bomb in there some where that I found in 1986 with a metal detector it came up in the middle of a foot path at the back of the old accm blocks. Called out the guard, who called out EOD bloke turns up has a look. sucks his teeth and tuts a bit and says "its a training grenade lads" still gave him something to do other than drinking tea.

11. Sounds like Troop Stores!

12. Damn you roadster for making me listen to that and putting it back in my head, I'll be whistling it all night now - curses!

13. That made my day UKTAP. You missed the coffee with hidden tea bags in them!!!

14. It's got a jeep in it -Wow factor is right off the scale .

it's a shed full of radios .

15. How dare you forget Monty's caravan!