Signallers Wet Dream

Discussion in 'Charity Auctions' started by Civvy_Shot, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Laydeez and gennelmen.

I have in my possession an item of particular relevence to all Signallers. Said item is up for grabs to the highest bidder, all proceeds to MDN's HamsterJet appeal.

One copy of: SIGNALLING, MORSE, SEMAPHORE, STATION WORK DESPATCH RIDING, TELEPHONE CABLES, MAP READING. Based on TRAINING MANUAL - SIGNALLING 1915. Imperial Army Series, Based on official Manuals, edited by Capt. E.J. Solang. Published London 1916, original printed canvas covers, 228 pp with diagrams.

Cost 1/- in them thar days. This book is 100% minters condition and could teach any unlettered oaf Morse in a day. Honest.

Get bidding you barstewards. Post free to anywhere. And no trying to nick it or I'll bung it on Fleabay.

2. Mate would do, but not a fag op. :wink:

IIRC, they haven't taught morse for years.

3. She was only a telegraphers daughter but she did it did it did it.

Pass my coat

4. Fecking well bid or I'll start posting chunks from the 'Instruction Of Cadets 'Chapter

5. My thanks. Crack on, it really is minters and has at least 2 adverts for watches and one for Wrights Coal Tar Shaving Soap so GET IN!

6. No-one cares to try and outbid me?

[​IMG]

Leave this up for a day or two, im sure quite a few people are willing to have a bid war over this!

W-60

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

30 quid

8. Hello Civvy_Shot,

my grandfather was a great war dispatch rider,£50.

tangosix.

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I would love to have one of these so 60 quid from me.

10. Hello Ord_Sgt,

you wouldn't love it,you would use it,abuse it and not respect it in the morning.
    £70.

tangosix.

11. Will put up a couple of pics tonight if dodgy home internet connection permits.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I resemble that remark ;)

80 quid then. :D

13. Hello Ord_Sgt,

-. .. -. . - -.-- .--. --- ..- -. -.. ...

tangosix.