Sign out the keys...

rogue,park the bus.If the little scrote is caught,what's the worst that will happen? Slapped wrist? 20 hours community service?
ooooh, no slapped wrists thease days, having their wrist slapped might mentally harm the little darling, i mean, god forbid!

rogue,park the bus.If the little scrote is caught,what's the worst that will happen? Slapped wrist? 20 hours community service?
4 months jail time I believe.
I'm sure the radio said today that he had been caught, up infront of the magistrates and sentenced this morning.
Unless it was another thieving cunt from Bristol?

ooooh, no slapped wrists thease days, having their wrist slapped might mentally harm the little darling, i mean, god forbid!
Afraid not, can't even give the dirty little scrote a Chinese burn..sigh. =(

as a peace loving person i dont condone violence,,,,,, however, hang the scrote high on prime time tv, let the other misfits off life see what will happen. rite iam off to electrocute some pedo's, after rubbing quick lime on them..................................

It's a carrot to try and make sure they don't make the prison officers' lives difficult. If the scrote doesn't kick off, they get remission. If they do, they lose some remission. Easier than sentencing them to extra days, which would require a court.

Personally I'm with you. A sentence of say 4 years should mean 4 years in clink, not 2. Change the law so that sentences automatically have an extension provision of up to 50% at the prison governor's discretion. This of course would double the jail population, but that's preferable to desultory sentencing. Even better, hang the killers and rapists, birch the bejesus out of the anti-social scrotes, and just jail the hard core armed blaggers and the like. But jail 'em properly.
I'd say you're right, a better carrot would be that if they behave impeccably, they serve the sentence handed down and are released. Should they display the slightest bad behaviour, they get the sentence doubled, ad fucking infinitum.